2016 Driver Points: 11th
2016 Owner Points: 11th
Cameron Hayley Race Recap:
Making his second career NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) start at Dover International Speedway, Cameron Hayley, driver of the No. 13 Cabinets by Hayley Toyota Tundra started a track-best fourth, and finished 19th in Friday night’s JACOB Companies 200. The ThorSport Racing driver showed strength in the first half of the race, running as high as second, but solidly inside the top-five for the first 40 laps of the 200 lap event. Scored sixth, just past the halfway mark, the Calgary, Alberta, Canada native lost fuel pressure prior to lap 120, and Hayley was forced to pit under green. The unfortunate chain of events caused Hayley to lose valuable track position, and ultimately relegated the ThorSport Racing driver to a 19th-place finish, three laps down to teammate and race winner, Matt Crafton.
“We had a great Toyota Tundra to start off today. We ran top two there for awhile, and then fell back a bit. We knew it was going to be free to start the race, and it definitely was, but we made some adjustments on it throughout the day, and got better. At first I thought I was out of fuel, and then I thought it was the motor, but we just lost fuel pressure. Having to pit under green just put us too many laps behind, and at that point, all I could do was ride around and get track time. It’s unfortunate for everyone on this No. 13 Cabinets by Hayley team.”
News & Notes:
- The NASCAR Camping World Truck Series had two practice sessions on Thursday afternoon in preparation for Friday’s JACOB Companies 200 at Dover International Speedway. Cameron Hayley was 4th, and 10th, respectively.
- Qualifying for the 17th annual event was cancelled on Friday afternoon due to weather. The 32-truck field was set based on the rule book – combined practice speeds – and Hayley rolled off from the fourth position for the 200-lap event, a track-best start in two races at the Monster Mile.
- Making his second start at Dover, Hayley started fourth, and finished 19th due to a loss of fuel pressure just past halfway point in the 200 lap event.
- In 31 career NCWTS starts, Hayley has led 99 laps en route to five top-five and 17 top-10 finishes
- Hayley’s ThorSport Racing teammates finished first (Crafton), 22nd (Abreu), and 28th (Rhodes)
- Up next: The NC Education Lottery 200 at Charlotte Motor Speedway on Friday, May 20, 2016