Laps Led: 0
2016 Driver Points: 10th
2016 Owner Points: 11th
Cameron Hayley Race Recap:
Cameron Hayley, driver of the No. 13 RIDE TV Toyota Tundra, made his third NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) start at Canadian Tire Motorsports Park (CTMP) on Sunday. Starting seventh, the ThorSport Racing driver ran as high as fourth, and brought home a ninth-place finish in the race extended event. The solid run was the Calgary, Alberta, Canada natives second top-10 result at the 2.459-mile road course.
Starting seventh, Hayley worked his way inside the top-five by lap 10 and maintained a top-five position until his first green-flag pit stop at lap 21, for four tires, and fuel. Rejoining the field in the 20th position, Hayley began to make his way through traffic, fighting a Toyota Tundra that was, “lacking drive off.” With pit strategy at a premium on a road course, crew chief Eddie Troconis brought the RIDE TV machine to pit road, under green, at lap 37 for four tires and fuel. Unfortunately, the ThorSport Racing driver would lose valuable ground to the leaders when he was forced to make a pass through penalty, just one lap lap later, for an uncontrolled tire. However, in the races final 28 laps, Hayley would overcome a spin on lap 52, due to contact with another competitor, to finish ninth behind race winner, John Hunter Nemechek.
News & Notes:
- The NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) had two practice sessions on Saturday in preparation for Sunday’s event at Canadian Tire Motorsports Park (CTMP). Cameron Hayley was 10th, and 11th, respectively, in both sessions.
- Making his third NCWTS start at the 2.459-mile road course, Hayley started seventh, ran as high as fourth, and finished ninth.
- In three starts at CTMP, Hayley has led 13 laps en route to two top-10 finishes.
- In 15 NCWTS starts in 2016, Hayley has led 21 laps en route to four top-five, and eight top-10 finishes.
- In 41 career NCWTS starts, Hayley has led 99 laps en route to eight top-five and 23 top-10 finishes.
- Hayley’s ThorSport Racing teammates finished fourth (Crafton), 27th (Abreu), and 30th (Rhodes).
- Up Next: The American Ethanol E15 225 at Chicagoland Speedway on Friday, September 16, 2016.