2015 Driver Point Standings: 2nd (-7)
2015 Owner Point Standings: 2nd
Crew Chief: Carl “Junior” Joiner
Sandusky, Ohio (September 29, 2015) – You can say Matt Crafton, driver of the No. 88 FVP/Menards Toyota Tundra, knows his way around the 1.5-mile Las Vegas (Nev.) Motor Speedway (LVMS). In 14 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) starts since 2001, the two-time and defending series champion is credited with the most starts (14), most top-five finishes (6), most top-10 finishes (7), most laps completed (1986), and most lead lap finishes (10) of any active NCWTS driver. Furthermore, according to NASCAR’s Loop Data Statistics, Crafton leads all drivers in Laps in the Top 15 (1249).
Therefore, when considering the odds of who will find victory lane on Saturday, you have to consider the No. 88 ThorSport Racing team. Crew chief Carl “Junior” Joiner has selected chassis No. 48 for the 19th annual NCWTS event at LVMS, a chassis that has won in both of its starts this season at Atlanta (Ga.) Motor Speedway and Texas Motor Speedway in Fort Worth. Additionally, the series has visited six mile-and-a-half tracks this season, and Crafton has visited victory lane at four of those tracks, securing an average finish of 3.5 at 1.5-mile venues like LVMS. Furthermore, Crafton, is coming off a second-place finish at New Hampshire Motor Speedway in Loudon and enters the 18th race on the 2015 NCWTS schedule with confidence.
As the No. 88 ThorSport Racing teams eyes it’s third consecutive championship in 2015, you can bet that the odds are in favor of Matt Crafton earning his fifth win of the season in Saturday’s Rhino Linings 350 at LVMS.
Sounding off – Matt Crafton:
“Las Vegas Motor Speedway is another track that has always been good to us. We haven’t been able to get a win there, but I have finished second a couple times. There was one race there, that I had led the majority of the race, and got passed on the last lap. It’s a little bit of salt in the wound for me, but it happens when you’re racing. At least we were in contention. This Menard’s Toyota Tundra has been good each and every week, and I’m really looking forward to going back.”
News & Notes:
- Chassis Chatter… The No. 88 ThorSport Racing team will utilize chassis No. 48 for Saturday’s Rhino Linings 350 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. This is the same chassis that Crafton piloted to victory lane at both Atlanta (Ga.) Motor Speedway (February), and Texas Motor Speedway in Fort Worth (June) earlier this season.
- Las Vegas Stats… Crafton will make his 15th start in Saturday’s Rhino Linings 350 at LVMS. In 14 previous starts, Crafton has led 67 laps en route to six top-five and seven top-10 finishes. In fact, the two-time and defending series champion leads all active drivers in the following categories; most top-five finishes (6), most top-10 finishes (7), most laps completed (1986), and most lead lap finishes (10). Also, according to NASCAR’s Loop Data Statistics, Crafton is ranked first in Laps in the Top-15 (1249).
- 2015 Season Review… In 17 starts this season, Crafton has led 461 laps, a career-best in one season, en route to four wins (Atlanta Motor Speedway, Kansas Speedway, Texas Motor Speedway, and Kentucky Speedway), 10 top-five, and 14 top-10 finishes. The reigning series champion has completed 2512 of 2580 laps attempted (97.4%), and has an Average Start of 7.4, and an Average Finish of 6.8.
- Previous Race Recap… Crafton started 10th and finished second in the UNOH 175 at New Hampshire Motor Speedway. The solid effort was his fourth top-five finish in 13 starts at the “Magic Mile.”
Crafton’s NCWTS stats at Las Vegas:
- 14 starts since 2001
- 1986 of 2051 laps completed (96.8%)
- 67 laps led
- Six top-five finishes
- Seven top-10 finishes
- Best start: 3rd (2010)
- Best finish: 2nd (2009, 2011 & 2012)
- Average start: 11.9
- Average finish: 12.1
Matt Crafton’s 2014 Highlights:
- Won second consecutive NCWTS championship title to become the first driver in series history to win back-to-back titles
- First career multi-win season with victories at Martinsville (Va.) Speedway and Texas Motor Speedway in Fort Worth
- 10th consecutive full season in second stint with ThorSport Racing
- Earned a series-leading 7.0 average finish
- Career-best 13 top-five finishes and 298 laps led
Crafton’s Career Truck Series Stats:
- 355 starts since 2000
- Nine wins
- 86 top-five finishes
- 206 top-10 finishes
- Eight Poles
- 55,215 laps completed
- 1379 laps led
- Average start: 13.0
- Average finish: 11.5
Date: Saturday, October 3, 2015
Time: 10:00 p.m. ET on FOX Sports 1
Track Details: 1.5-mile oval
Distance: 146 laps/219 miles