2015 Driver Point Standings: 4th
2015 Owner Point Standings: 4th
Crew Chief: Doug George
Sandusky, Ohio (October 2, 2015) – With only three races remaining on the 2015 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) schedule, Johnny Sauter, driver of the No. 98 Smokey Mountain Herbal Snuff/Curb Records Toyota Tundra, is looking for victory lane, in an effort to close out the season strong. As one of only three drivers with a win in six consecutive NCWTS seasons, the ThorSport Racing driver is looking to make it seven in 2015, and there’s no better place than Texas Motor Speedway in Fort Worth, site of Friday night’s WinStar World Casino 350k.
Sauter, who is a two-time winner at the “No Limits” track, is tied with teammate, Matt Crafton for the most wins of any other driver entered in the field. In fact, the SmokeySnuff.com driver ranks among the top-five in the following categories, according to NASCAR Loop Data Statistics; Average Running Position (6.45), ranked fifth, Laps in the top-15 (2139), ranked second, and Laps Led (224), ranked fourth.
Earlier this season, Sauter, who swept both TMS races in 2012, started fourth, ran consistently inside the top-five, and finished fourth. With nothing to gain, and everything to lose, expect Sauter to be a strong contender for victory lane in Friday’s 147-lap event in Fort Worth.
Sounding Off – Johnny Sauter:
“Texas in the spring is different than Texas in the fall. I think, for one, it has some age on it now. You can kind of run all over the place, really. Traffic isn’t as important there as it is at some of the other mile-and-a-half tracks we race at because you have the option to move around. It’s been a great race track for me in my career. I definitely have it circled on the calendar as a race I’m excited to go to.”
News & Notes:
- Chassis Chatter…The No. 98 ThorSport Racing team will unload chassis No. 45 for Friday night’s WinStar World Casino 350k at Texas Motor Speedway. This chassis was last seen at Michigan International Speedway in Brooklyn, Sauter started ninth and finished fourth. In fact, Friday night’s 147-lap event will mark the fifth appearance for this particular chassis. It was utilized at Atlanta (Ga.) Motor Speedway (6th), Texas Motor Speedway (4th), and Pocono (Pa.) Raceway (6th), earlier this season.
- Texas Sized Stats…Sauter will make his 15th start at TMS on Friday. In 14 previous starts, the ThorSport Racing driver has led 224 laps en route to two wins, six top-five and 11 top-10 finishes. In fact, Sauter is tied with teammate, Matt Crafton, with the most wins of any driver entered in the 36th annual event. Furthermore, the Smokey Mountain driver ranks among the top-five in the following categories, according to the NASCAR Loop Data Statistics; Average Running Position (6.45), Laps in the top-15 (2139), and Laps Led (224).
- 2015 Season In Review… In 20 NCWTS starts in 2015, Sauter has completed 3020 of 3024 laps attempted (99.9%), and led 118 laps en route to seven top-five and 15 top-10 finishes. The ThorSport Racing driver has an Average Start of 11.7 and an Average Finish of 8.3 with a Best Start of third at Chicagoland Speedway in Joliet, and a Best Finish of third at Kansas Speedway in Kansas City and Gateway Motorsports Park in St. Louis.
- Previous Race Recap… Sauter started 17th, and finished ninth in the Kroger 200 at Martinsville (Va.) Speedway.
- Sauter’s Looking For Number Seven… Sauter is one of three drivers with a win in six consecutive NCWTS seasons, and the ThorSport Racing driver is looking to make it seven in 2015. In fact, only three drivers have been able to accomplish the feat in the series 20-year history (Todd Bodine, Kyle Busch, and Ron Hornaday, Jr.).
Sauter’s NCWTS Stats at Texas:
- 14 starts since 2005
- 2227 of 2227 laps completed (100%)
- 224 laps led
- Six top-five finishes
- 11 top-10 finishes
- Best start: First (June 2009, 2013)
- Best finish: First (June & November 2012)
- Average start: 9.6
- Average finish: 6.7
Johnny Sauter’s 2014 Highlights:
- Finished fourth in the NCWTS driver point standings
- Sixth consecutive full-time season driving for ThorSport Racing
- Earned a win at Michigan International Speedway in Brooklyn, extending his win streak to six consecutive seasons
- Earned eight top-five and 16 top-10 finishes
- 154 laps led
- Average finish: 9.3
Sauter’s Career Truck Series Stats:
- 172 starts since 2003
- 10 wins
- 63 top-five finishes
- 101 top-10 finishes
- Five poles
- 25,905 laps completed
- 1277 laps led
- Average start: 10.8
- Average finish: 10.7
Date: Friday, Nov. 6
Time: 8:30 p.m. ET on FOX Sports 1
Track Details: 1.5-mile oval
Distance: 164 laps/220.5 miles