Laps Led: 0
2016 Driver Points: 14th
2016 Owner Points: 16th
Rico Abreu Race Recap:
Rico Abreu, driver of the No. 98 Safelite AutoGlass Toyota Tundra, made his second career start at Martinsville Speedway in Saturday’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) Texas Roadhouse 200 presented by Alpha Energy Solutions. Starting 24th, Abreu maintained a position inside the top-25 throughout the 200-lap event, fighting a, “loose-in,” Toyota Tundra. Crew chief Bud Haefele brought the Safelite AutoGlass machine to pit road, under caution, at laps 51, 109, and 150, for four tires, fuel and adjustments. Unfortunately, the ThorSport Racing driver could never get his No. 98 machine tuned-in, and settled for a 24th-place finish behind race winner, Johnny Sauter.
News & Notes:
- The NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) had two practice sessions on Friday afternoon in preparation for Saturday’s Texas Roadhouse 200 presented by Alpha Energy Solutions at Martinsville Speedway. Rico Abreu was 21st, and 24th, respectively, in both sessions.
- Making his second career start at Martinsville Speedway, Abreu started 24th, ran as high as 21st, and finished 24th.
- In two starts at Martinsville Speedway, Abreu has one top-10 finish.
- In 20 starts in 2016, Abreu has led one lap en route to two top-five (Eldora & Talladega), and five top-10 finishes.
- In 22 career NCWTS starts, Abreu has led one lap en route to two top-five (Eldora), five top-10, and nine top-15 finishes.
- Abreu’s ThorSport Racing teammates finished 11th (Hayley), 17th (Crafton), and 19th (Rhodes).
- Up Next: The Longhorn 350 at Texas Motor Speedway on Friday, November 4, 2016.