Laps Led: 0
2016 Driver Points: 14th
2016 Owner Points: 16th
Rico Abreu Race Recap:
Rico Abreu, driver of the No. 98 Safelite/Curb Records Toyota Tundra, made his track debut at Las Vegas Motor Speedway in Saturday’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series DC Solar 350. Showing speed in both practice sessions on Saturday morning, including the fastest time in final practice, Abreu qualified 17th for the 146-lap event Saturday afternoon. Fighting a tight Toyota Tundra throughout the event, the Sunoco Rookie of the Year contender ran as high as second, but the threat of a loose wheel on lap 46 forced the ThorSport Racing driver to pit road, under green, losing valuable track position to the leaders. The unfortunate chain of events would mire the St. Helena, California native laps down, and Abreu was credited with a 20th-place finish behind race winner, Tyler Reddick.
News & Notes:
- The NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) had two practice sessions on Saturday morning in preparation for Saturday night’s DC Solar 350 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway (LVMS). Rico Abreu was ninth, and first, respectively, in both sessions.
- Making his track debut at LVMS in the NCWTS, Abreu started 17th, ran as high as second, and finished 20th.
- In 18 starts in 2016, Abreu has led one lap en route to one top-five (Eldora), and four top-10 finishes.
- In 20 career NCWTS starts, Abreu has led one lap en route to one top-five (Eldora), four top-10, and eight top-15 finishes.
- Abreu’s ThorSport Racing teammates finished eighth (Crafton), 12th (Rhodes), and 18th (Hayley).
- Up Next: The fred’s 250 at Talladega Superspeedway on Saturday, October 22 at 1pm ET.