Chatting with Matt Crafton…
How mentally draining, as a driver, is a restrictor plate race?
“The mental aspect is just unbelievable. You try to play out every scenario – trying to put yourself in the right position, which we do every week, but Talladega, and Daytona are just so much worse.”
2017 Driver Point Standings: 3rd
2017 Owner Point Standings: 2nd
2017 Playoff Position: 3rd
- This Week’s No. 88 Hormel Gatherings/Menards Toyota Tundra… The No. 88 ThorSport Racing team will unload chassis No. 40 for Saturday’s fred’s 250 at Talladega Superspeedway. This is the same chassis Matt Crafton piloted to a 14th-place finish at Daytona International Speedway, earlier this season.
- Talladega Stats… Crafton has 11 starts at Talladega since 2006. The ThorSport Racing driver’s success includes 50 laps led, one top-five, and three top-10 finishes. Crafton’s track-best start is third (2014), and his track-best finish is fourth (2010).
- Playoff Update… Following a seventh-place finish at Las Vegas Motor Speedway last month, Crafton is third in the 2017 Playoff standings. The top-6 drivers following Saturday’s 94-lap event at Talladega Superspeedway, will transfer to the Round of 6.
- Season Stats… In 18 starts this season, the ThorSport Racing driver has one win (Eldora), one pole (Michigan), and has led 214 laps en route to four top-five, and 12 top-10 finishes.
- Career Stats…In 402 NCWTS starts, Crafton has earned 13 poles, and led 2349 laps en route to 14 wins, 101 top-five, and 238 top-10 finishes.