Chatting with Matt Crafton…
You’ve had three second-place finishes at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. What is it about the track that suits your driving style?
“The groove seems to move around a little more – you get to slip and slide a lot more than you do at some of these other mile-and-a-half tracks that we race at. That’s one of my favorite things about mile-and-a-half race tracks, the groove seems to move around, and we get to search for more grip – that’s why I always enjoy going to Las Vegas Motor Speedway. It’s also the closest track to home. I’m from out west, in California, so there are a lot of friends and family from out there that I get to see.”
2017 Driver Point Standings: 3rd
2017 Owner Point Standings: 4th
2017 Playoff Position: 3rd
- This Week’s No. 88 Great Lakes/Menards Toyota Tundra… The No. 88 ThorSport Racing team will unload chassis No. 58 for Saturday’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) race at Las Vegas Motor Speedway (LVMS). This is the same chassis Matt Crafton piloted to three top-10 finishes earlier this season at Texas Motor Speedway (9th), Kentucky Motor Speedway (8th), and Michigan International Speedway (6th).
- Sin City Stats… Crafton has 16 starts at LVMS since 2001. The ThorSport Racing driver’s success includes one pole (2015), 136 laps led, six top-five, and nine top-10 finishes. Crafton’s best finish in 16 races is second (2009, 2011, and 2012).
- Playoff Update… Following a sixth-place finish at New Hampshire Motor Speedway, Crafton gained one position in the Playoff standings, and now sits third, with two races remaining in the first Round of 8. The top-6 drivers will transfer to the Round of 6 following Talladega Superspeedway on Saturday, October 14.
- Season Stats… In 17 starts this season, the ThorSport Racing driver has one win (Eldora), one pole (Michigan), and has led 214 laps en route to four top-five, and 11 top-10 finishes.
- Career Stats…In 401 NCWTS starts, Crafton has earned 13 poles, and led 2349 laps en route to 14 wins, 101 top-five, and 237 top-10 finishes.
- Catch Matt at Las Vegas… Crafton will join his ThorSport Racing teammates for an autograph session on Saturday, September 30 from 1:00-1:45 p.m. CT in the Neon Garage.