Sounding Off – Matt Crafton:
“There is no other track we go to that you get the sensation, as a driver, that you get at Dover. It’s definitely one of my favorite race tracks because you have a lot of tire fall off, and multiple grooves. As a race car driver you always want that ability to move around, and find more grip. Under green, the longer a run goes, the more you see it getting blacker and blacker, where we’re laying down the rubber. Then you start moving around – getting out of the rubber, to find more grip. When we get a caution, we’re driving around on hot tires, picking up all the rubber. Then you take off on fresh tires – everyone is really fast on the bottom, then it starts getting black and slippery again, so you are searching for whiter concrete, for more grip. You are constantly chasing the race track.”
News & Notes:
- Chassis Chatter… The No. 88 ThorSport Racing (TSR) team will unload chassis No. 48 for Friday night’s Bar Harbor 200 at Dover (Del.) International Speedway (DIS). This chassis, which is nicknamed, “Tom Brady,” had two wins in 2015 at Atlanta (Ga.) Motor Speedway, and Texas Motor Speedway in Fort Worth (June), and one win in 2016 at Dover (Del.) International Speedway. It was most recently seen at Charlotte (NC) Motor Speedway, where Crafton led one lap, and finished sixth.
- In The Loop – 2016… According to NASCAR’s Loop Data statistics, Crafton ranks first in the following categories; Closers, Green Flag Passes (295), Laps in the Top 15 (1894), and Quality Passes (241). Crafton ranks second in the following categories; Average Speed Early in a Run, Fastest Laps Run (450), and Laps Led (151). The two-time champion ranks fourth in Average Running Position (8.54), and Driver Rating (101.8).
- The Down Low on Dover… Among active series drivers, Crafton has the most Starts (16), the most Top-five Finishes (5), the most Top-10 Finishes (10), has completed the most Laps (2775), and has the most Lead Lap Finishes (11).
- Take Me Back – Dover, 2016… Making his 16th career start at Dover, Crafton started fifth, led the field once for 78 laps, and brought home his first win at the Monster Mile.
- Rearview Mirror – Charlotte… Making his 15th career start at the 1.5-mile track, Crafton started sixth, led the field one time, for one lap, and finished sixth.
Crafton’s Dover Stats:
- Starts: 16, since 2001
- Laps Completed: 2775 of 3151 (88.1%)
- Laps Led: 151
- Wins: 1 (2016)
- Top-5 Finishes: 5
- Top-10 Finishes: 10
- Best start: 2nd (2014)
- Average start: 14.2
- Average finish: 12.3
Crafton’s Career Truck Series Stats:
- Starts: 389, since 2000
- Wins: 13
- Top-five Finishes: 98
- Top-10 finishes: 229
- Poles: 12
- Laps Completed: 60,079
- Laps Led: 2139
- Average start: 12.6
- Average finish: 11.4
2017 Driver Point Standings: 3rd
2017 Owner Point Standings: 4th
- Stage 1 – 45 laps (concludes at lap 45)
- Stage 2 – 45 laps (concludes at lap 90)
- Stage 3 – 110 laps (concludes at lap 200)
Date: Friday, June 2
Time: 5:30pm ET on FOX Sports 1
Track: 1-mile concrete oval
Distance: 200 Laps, 200 Miles
About Ideal Door:
IDEAL Door is a leader in residential and commercial garage doors and is a preferred brand among consumers, architects, specifiers and building professionals. For more information visit: www.IdealDoorGarageDoors.com