2015 Driver Point Standings: 5th (-88)
2015 Owner Point Standings: 7th
Crew Chief: Jeff Hensley
Sandusky, Ohio (August 11, 2015) – Coming off a career-best finish of fourth at Pocono (Pa.) Raceway, Sunoco Rookie of the Year contender, Cameron Hayley enters the 13th NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) race of the season at Michigan International Speedway (MIS) in Ann Arbor with confidence. Not only did Hayley capture his third top-five finish of the 2015 NCWTS season at Pocono earlier this month, the ThorSport Racing driver did it competing against a field plagued with NASCAR Sprint Cup Series regulars, including Kyle Busch, and former series champions, Kevin Harvick and Brad Keselowski.
Making his 11th track debut of the 2015 season in Saturday’s Careers for Veterans 200 at MIS, Hayley hopes to add his name to the history books following the 100-lap race, becoming the third driver in NCWTS history to earn his career first national series win at MIS. Johnny Benson was the first driver to do it in 2006, followed by Nelson Piquiet, Jr. in 2012. In fact, ThorSport Racing enters the 16th annual event as the defending race winner’s. Furthermore, Hayley’s crew chief, Jeff Hensley, called the shots in 2014, for race winner and teammate, Johnny Sauter.
Sounding off – Cameron Hayley:
“Michigan will be another first for me, but I do know it’s a real fast race track. These trucks are so big, and they punch such a big hole in the air that we don’t have the ability to run by ourselves, so drafting will be a huge thing for us. I think it will be a cross-breed between a normal mile-and-a-half and Daytona. Obviously, being a two-mile track, it’s a little bigger than a mile-and-a-half, so it will be wide open and the best truck will be the one that’s aero tight – they will win the race.”
News & Notes:
- Chassis Chatter… The No. 13 ThorSport Racing team will utilize chassis No. 41 for Saturday’s Careers for Veterans 200 at Michigan International Speedway. This particular chassis has been raced twice already this season at Kansas Speedway in Kansas City, KS, finishing fifth, and Texas Motor Speedway in Fort Worth, where Hayley finished seventh.
- Michigan Minute… Hayley will make his 11th track debut of the 2015 NCWTS season at MIS on Saturday. The only two tracks the rookie has raced at this season is Dover (Del.) International Speedway and Texas Motor Speedway.
- 2015 Season Review… After 12 races this season, Hayley has completed 1770 of 1889 laps attempted (93.7%) and led 41 laps en route to three top-five and six top-10 finishes.
- Rookie Race… Hayley is currently second in the 2015 Sunoco Rookie of the Year battle behind leader, Erik Jones, after 12 races this season.
- Previous Race Recap… Hayley started 16th and finished a career-best third in his track debut at Pocono (Pa.) Raceway. The NASCAR Next Alum’s finish was even more impressive than a typical result considering four NASCAR Sprint Cup Series regulars competed in the race, including past NASCAR Sprint Cup Series champions, Kevin Harvick, and Brad Keselowski.
Hayley’s Truck Series Stats:
- 15 starts since 2014
- Three top-five finishes
- Eight top-10 finishes
- First start: Canadian Tire Motorsport Park
- Best start: 2nd (Loudon, 2014)
- Best finish: 4th (Pocono 2015)
- Has completed 2161 of 2280 laps attempted (94.78%)
- Average start: 8.3
- Average finish: 11.1
Hayley’s NCWTS Performance Profile: