2015 Driver Point Standings: 3rd (-11)
2015 Owner Point Standings: 3rd
Crew Chief: Carl “Junior” Joiner
Sandusky, Ohio (September 22, 2015) – Matt Crafton, driver of the No. 88 Rip It/Menards Toyota Tundra, heads to New Hampshire Motor Speedway (NHMS) in Loudon, for Saturday’s UNOH 175 looking for redemption. The two-time and defending series champion, who finished 14th in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) last stop at Chicagoland Speedway in Joliet, fell to third in the standings and looks to Saturday’s 18th annual event at the 1.058-mile track, as a way to gain momentum in his quest for a third-straight title in 2015.
Crafton, who will be making his lucky number 13th start at NHMS on Saturday, finished a track-best third in 2014, and has one pole (2005), three top-five and seven top-10 finishes. In fact, the ThorSport Racing driver has the most starts (12), the most top-10 finishes, and the most lead lap finishes (9) of any other driver entered in the 175-lap race.
With Crafton’s experience over the field, and a little bit of “luck,” the “champ” hopes to find his way to victory lane on Saturday, and take back over the top spot in the NCWTS driver point standings.
Sounding off – Matt Crafton:
“I always love going to New Hampshire Motor Speedway. Last year, it was one of the more hurtful races in points for me. I gave it away, I made a mistake. I was leading and missed a shift on the green-white-checkered restart. I just got beat. This year we’re going to go back looking for redemption and hopefully we can leave there with a lobster.”
News & Notes:
- Chassis Chatter… The No. 88 ThorSport Racing team will utilize chassis No. 43 for Saturday’s UNOH 175 at New Hampshire Motor Speedway. This is the same chassis Crafton piloted to a second-place finish at Martinsville (Va.) Speedway earlier this season.
- Loudon Stats… Crafton will make his 13th start at NHMS on Saturday. In 12 previous starts the two-time and defending series champion has one pole (2005), three top-five and seven top-10 finishes. In fact, the ThorSport Racing driver has the most starts (12), the most top-10 finishes (10), and the most lead lap finishes (9) of any other driver entered in the 18th annual NCWTS at the 1.058-mile track.
- 2015 Season Review… In 16 starts this season, Crafton has led 461 laps en route to four wins (Atlanta Motor Speedway, Kansas Speedway, Texas Motor Speedway, and Kentucky Speedway), nine top-five, and 13 top-10 finishes. The reigning series champion has completed 2337 of 2405 laps attempted (97.2%), and has an Average Start of 7.2, and an Average Finish of 7.1.
- Previous Race Recap… Crafton started second and finished 14th, due to two pit road penalties in the American Ethanol 225 at Chicagoland Speedway.
Crafton’s NCWTS stats at Loudon:
- 12 starts since 2001
- 2257 of 2332 laps completed (96.8%)
- 50 laps led
- Three top-five finishes
- Seven top-10 finishes
- Best start: 1st (2005)
- Best finish: 3rd (2014)
- Average start: 14.2
- Average finish: 10.8
Matt Crafton’s 2014 Highlights:
- Won second consecutive NCWTS championship title to become the first driver in series history to win back-to-back titles
- First career multi-win season with victories at Martinsville (Va.) Speedway and Texas Motor Speedway in Fort Worth
- 10th consecutive full season in second stint with ThorSport Racing
- Earned a series-leading 7.0 average finish
- Career-best 13 top-five finishes and 298 laps led
Crafton’s Career Truck Series Stats:
- 354 starts since 2000
- Nine wins
- 85 top-five finishes
- 205 top-10 finishes
- Eight Poles
- 55,040 laps completed
- 1379 laps led
- Average start: 13.1
- Average finish: 11.5
Date: Saturday, September 26, 2015
Time: 1:00 p.m. ET on FOX Sports 1
Track Details: 1.058-miles
Distance: 175 laps/185.15 miles
ABOUT RIP IT ENERGY FUEL:
With 15 awesome flavors to choose from, Rip It® is fueling the REAL needs and REAL tastes of energy drinkers everywhere. In an office, on the job, on a mountain, riding waves, doin’ flips, doin’ tricks, jammin’ all night, crammin’ all night, whatever your life calls for, Rip It® is there to fuel you. For more information visit: www.RipItEnergy.com
With 287 stores in 14 Midwestern states, Menards has the tools, materials and supplies for all your home improvement needs whether just needing a light bulb or can of paint to building a deck or new home. Menards is known throughout the home improvement industry as the low price leader; it’s no wonder their famous slogan – “SAVE BIG MONEY” – is so widely known and easy to remember. Menards does things right – the company’s strength and success can be seen in the well-stocked and maintained stores, the lowest prices in town and the way guests are always treated like family in a hometown hardware store atmosphere.