2015 Driver Point Standings: 6th
2015 Owner Point Standings: 8th
Crew Chief: Jeff Hensley
Sandusky, Ohio (November 9, 2015) – Capturing his fourth consecutive NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) top-10 finish last weekend at Texas Motor Speedway in Fort Worth, Sunoco Rookie of the Year contender, Cameron Hayley hopes his No. 13 Protect The Harvest Toyota Tundra will bring him some luck when the NCWTS invades Phoenix (Ariz.) International Raceway (PIR) on Friday the 13th for the Lucas Oil 150.
Although Hayley will be making his 16th NCWTS track debut of the 2015 season, the Calgary, Alberta native is no stranger to PIR. With five previous starts at the one-mile oval in the K&N Pro Series West, Hayley has harnessed some experience in the “Valley of the Sun.” Starting a track-best second in both 2013 races, and racing to three top-five finishes, including a runner-up finish in the 2013 spring race, the ThorSport Racing driver knows the keys to success at the Avondale, Arizona track.
Aside from his previous success at PIR, Hayley has overcome his learning curve in the NCWTS throughout the 2015 season. Collecting four top-five and 12 top-10 finishes in just 21 starts, the 19-year old driver has completed 3146 of 3171 laps attempted (96%) en route to leading the ultra competitive NCWTS field for 78 circuits.
Heading to PIR for the first time in his NCWTS career, just 20 points behind fifth place Timothy Peters in the NCWTS driver points standings, Hayley hopes to combine experience, and a little luck from his No.13 Toyota Tundra on the night of the 13th, to bring home his first win in his rookie season in the NCWTS Friday night.
Sounding off – Cameron Hayley:
“I’m really looking forward to going back to Phoenix. I loved racing at Phoenix in the K&N Series. In fact, it was probably one of my favorite tracks we raced at. I think it will be a huge advantage for me to have that previous experience when I come back for the first time with the NCWTS. Plus, having all the experience I have gained in a truck this season, I think we’re going to have a really good run there. It’s nice to be back on the West Coast and race at such a different track. Phoenix has the long-straightaways, and tight turns, just a lot of things that make that track cool.”
News & Notes:
- Chassis Chatter… The No. 13 ThorSport Racing team will utilize chassis No. 36 for Friday night’s Lucas Oil 150 at Phoenix International Raceway. This particular chassis has made two previous appearances in 2015, at Iowa Speedway in Newton, finishing 19th, and New Hampshire Motor Speedway in Loudon, finishing 12th.
- Welcome Aboard… Protect The Harvest, which was created to defend and preserve the freedoms of American consumers, farmers, ranchers, outdoor enthusiasts, and animal owners, will make it’s return to the No. 13 Toyota Tundra for Friday night’s Lucas Oil 150. For more information visit: ProtectTheHarvest.com
- Phoenix Profile… Hayley will make his 16th NCWTS track debut of 2015 at Phoenix International Raceway Friday night. However, Hayley has raced on the one-mile track before, in the K&N Pro Series West. With five starts under his belt in the series, Hayley had a track-best starting position of second in both 2013 races, and three top-five finishes, including a runner-up finish in the spring race of 2013. Before 2015, Hayley had experience on three NCWTS tracks on the 2015 schedule; Canadian Tire Motorsports Park, Texas Motor Speedway and New Hampshire Motor Speedway.
- Season Review… After 21 races this season, Hayley has completed 3046 of 3171 laps attempted (96%), and led 78 laps en route to four top-five and 12 top-10 finishes. The ThorSport Racing driver currently has a season-best start of second, and a season-best finish of third at Martinsville (Va.) Speedway. In 2015, the ThorSport Racing driver has an Average Start of 8.4, and an Average Finish of 11.0.
- Previous Race Recap… Hayley qualified 14th for the WinStar World Casino 350k at Texas Motor Speedway, and raced to a 10th-place finish.
Hayley’s Truck Series Stats:
- 24 starts since 2014
- Four top-five finishes
- 14 top-10 finishes
- First start: Canadian Tire Motorsport Park
- Best start: 2nd (Loudon, 2014 & Martinsville, Fall 2015)
- Best finish: 3rd (Martinsville, Fall 2015)
- Has completed 3437 of 3562 laps attempted (96.4%)
- Average start: 8.1
- Average finish: 10.8
Hayley’s NCWTS Performance Profile:
Date: Friday, November 13, 2015
Time: 8:30 p.m. ET on FOX Sports 1
Track Details: 1-mile oval
Distance: 150 laps/150 miles