2015 Driver Point Standings: 7th
2015 Owner Point Standings: 10th
Crew Chief: Jeff Hensley
Sandusky, Ohio (July 20, 2015) – Cameron Hayley, driver of the No. 13 Cabinets by Hayley Toyota Tundra, will make his ninth track debut of the 2015 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) season in Wednesday night’s 1-800-CarCash Mudsummer Classic at Eldora Speedway in Rossburg, Ohio. Not only will the Sunoco Racing Rookie of the Year contender be making his debut at the historic, half-mile, high banked clay oval, Hayley will also be making his dirt debut in the unique three-segment, 150-lap event at the Tony Stewart-owned track.
Hayley, who is currently seventh in the 2015 NCWTS driver point standings, is coming off his fourth top-10 finish of the season at Kentucky Speedway in Sparta, and is one of 15 drivers entered in the third annual event with no track experience in the series. In fact, the Canadian driver, who recently moved to Sandusky, Ohio, where his ThorSport Racing team is located, hopes to make his new “home state” proud of his dirt debut on Wednesday night.
“My goal is to learn as much as possible by adapting to the ever-changing track surface, and finish all the laps. If we can do that, I feel like we can manage a top-10 run, which is something we can all be proud of.”
Sounding off – Cameron Hayley:
“I ran a sprint car once on dirt when I was 11-years-old, but I don’t have any dirt experience. So, running at Eldora this week is definitely going to be a new learning experience for me. You can watch all the race tape in the world, but when it comes down to it, if you haven’t driven it, you just don’t know.”
News & Notes:
- Chassis Chatter… The No. 13 ThorSport Racing team will unload chassis No. 32 for the first time in 2015 for Wednesday night’s Mudsummer Classic at Eldora Speedway
- 2015 Season Review… After 10 races this season, Hayley has completed 1547 of 1666 laps attempted (92.9%), and led 41 laps en route to two top-five and four top-10 finishes
- Rookie Race… Hayley remains second in the 2015 Sunoco Rookie of the Year battle after 10 races this season
- Triad Trailblazer… If Cameron Hayley or another Triad Racing Technologies-backed team can win on Wednesday night at Eldora Speedway, it will be the 100th win for the Toyota Racing engine supplier.
- Previous Race Recap… Hayley started 12th in the UNOH 225 at Kentucky Speedway when qualifying was cancelled due to weather and the field was set based on the rule book – the 2015 NCWTS owner point standings. In his track debut, with no on-track experience before the green flag, Hayley ran as high as seventh and finished ninth.
Hayley’s Truck Series Stats:
- 13 starts since 2014
- Two top-five finishes
- Six top-10 finishes
- First start: Canadian Tire Motorsport Park
- Best start: 2nd (Loudon, 2014)
- Best finish: 5th (Kansas, 2015 & Gateway, 2015)
- Has completed 1938 of 2057 laps attempted (94.2%)
- Average start: 7.6
- Average finish: 11.9