2015 Driver Point Standings: 5th (-52)
2015 Owner Point Standings: 8th
Crew Chief: Jeff Hensley
Sandusky, Ohio (May 11, 2015) – Coming off a career-best fifth-place finish at Kansas Speedway in Kansas City, KS last weekend, Sunoco Rookie of the Year contender Cameron Hayley jumped up three positions in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) driver point standings, propelling himself to fifth, just four races into the 2015 season.
The NCWTS is heading to the 1.5-mile quad oval of Charlotte (N.C.) Motor Speedway (CMS) for Friday night’s NC Education Lottery 200. Hayley, who will be making his fifth track debut of the season, will do so with a new sponsor on board his No. 13 Toyota Tundra. Locally owned Carolina Nut Co., which specializes in unique flavored nuts, flavored peanuts, spicy nuts and candied nuts, will make its 2015 ThorSport Racing debut with the rookie driver in the 134-lap event.
Hayley, who is turning heads in his first season in the NCWTS, would like nothing more than to keep his success moving in the right direction, while dealing with the learning curve of his initial season in the series. To do so, the Canadian driver leans on his ThorSport Racing teammates, Matt Crafton and Johnny Sauter, as well as his veteran crew chief, Jeff Hensley to continue his upward swing.
As Hayley continues to improve with every race he’s run this season, the ThorSport Racing driver is hoping to pilot his No. 13 Carolina Nut Co. Toyota Tundra to his first series win at CMS on Friday night.
Sounding off – Cameron Hayley:
“Kansas was a truly amazing night for me. It was my first top-five finish and to be a Canadian and get a top-five in this series is unreal. Charlotte will be another track I’m seeing for the first time on Thursday for practice. It’s the fourth mile-and-a-half track that I’ve ever run on, so it will be a good learning opportunity for us and a good opportunity for us to run well.”
News & Notes:
- Chassis Chatter… The No. 13 ThorSport Racing team will unload chassis No. 38 for Friday night’s NC Education Lottery 200. This is the same chassis Hayley piloted at Atlanta (Ga.) Motor Speedway in March, finishing 14th.
- Peanuts & Racing – A uniquely Southern Combination… The Carolina Nut Co., which specializes in unique flavored nuts, flavored peanuts, spicy nuts and candied nuts, will adorn the No. 13 Toyota Tundra of Sunoco Rookie of the Year contender, Cameron Hayley in his CMS debut. The brand has 13 unique flavors of peanuts to choose from, including Carolina BBQ, Dill Pickle and Honey Roasted Chipotle, and can be purchased through your local retailer, including Food Lion, or online at CarolinaNut.com.
- Hayley’s Favorite Nut… With 13 flavors of nuts to choose from, Hayley says his favorite flavor is Peanut Butter and Jelly. “It’s a classic childhood favorite.”
- Rookie Race… Hayley is currently second in the 2015 Sunoco Rookie of the Year battle after four races this season.
- Previous Race Recap… Hayley topped the speed charts in the only NCWTS practice session at Kansas Speedway, qualified eighth and brought home his career-first top-five finish, finishing fifth in the Toyota Tundra 250 at Kansas Speedway in Kansas City, KS.
Hayley’s Truck Series Stats:
- Seven starts since 2014
- One top-five finish
- Three top-10 finishes
- First start: Canadian Tire Motorsport Park
- Best start: 2nd (Loudon, 2014)
- Best finish: 5th (Kansas, 2015)
- Has completed 993 of 1046 laps attempted (94.93%)
- Average start: 6.4
- Average finish: 11.4
Hayley’s NCWTS Performance Profile:
Date: Friday, May 15, 2015
Time: 8:30 p.m. ET on FOX Sports 1
Track Details: 1.5-mile quad oval
Distance: 134 laps/201 miles
Team Website: www.ThorSport.com
Driver Website: www.CameronHayley.com
Sponsor Website: www.CarolinaNutCo.com
Social Media: @ThorSportRacing, @CameronNHayley, @HayleyCabinets