2015 Driver Point Standings: 7th
2015 Owner Point Standings: 10th
Crew Chief: Jeff Hensley
Sandusky, Ohio (June 1, 2015) – After the “Monster Mile” got the best of NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) Sunoco Rookie of the Year contender, Cameron Hayley in last Friday’s Lucas Oil 200 at Dover (Del.) International Speedway, the 18-year-old driver had to settle for a 21st-place finish when engine issues ended his day early.
Already focusing his attention on the next race on the 2015 NCWTS schedule, Hayley is anxious for his first return trip to Texas Motor Speedway in Fort Worth for Friday’s WinStar World Casino 400k. Making his NCWTS “Lone Star State” debut at the end of 2014, Hayley qualified an admirable fifth and maintained a top-15 position throughout the majority of the race. However, late race cautions, coupled with a green-white-checkered flag attempt, resulted in a 10th-place finish for the Canadian driver.
Hoping to improve upon his last visit to the fast-paced mile-and-a-half track, the No. 13 Cabinets by Hayley Toyota Tundra driver has more experience under his belt this time around. With a pair of 14th-place finishes at Atlanta (Ga.) Motor Speedway and Charlotte (N.C.) Motor Speedway, along with a NCWTS career-best fifth-place finish at Kansas Speedway in Kansas City, KS, Hayley is confident that his mile-and-a-half success will translate into a possible career-first NCWTS win at Texas Motor Speedway on Friday.
Sounding off – Cameron Hayley:
“I think Texas is going to be a great place for me. It’s the first track coming up on the schedule that I have experience in a truck. All the tracks this year in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series are new to me, but Texas is the first one where I’ve raced at, and I feel like I have some experience. Plus, I have more experience at mile-and-a-half tracks now than I did the last time I was there, so hopefully I’ll do well.”
News & Notes:
- Chassis Chatter… The No. 13 ThorSport Racing team will unload chassis No. 41 for Friday’s 167-lap race. This chassis was last raced at Kansas Speedway, site of Hayley’s career-best finish of fifth.
- Return Trip to Texas… In just his third NCWTS start, Hayley qualified fifth in his Texas Motor Speedway debut in 2014. Running within the top-15 for a majority of the race, two late-race cautions and a green-white-checkered flag attempt mired Hayley to a 10th-place finish.
- Rookie Race… Hayley is currently tied for second in the 2015 Sunoco Rookie of the Year battle after six races this season.
- Previous Race Recap… Starting seventh, Hayley ran solidly inside the top-10, running as high as first, in last Friday’s Lucas Oil 200 at Dover. Unfortunately, engine trouble forced the rookie to retire from the race early, relegating the Carolina Nut Co. driver to a 21st-place finish.
Hayley’s Truck Series Stats:
- Nine starts since 2014
- One top-five finish
- Three top-10 finishes
- First start: Canadian Tire Motorsport Park
- Best start: 2nd (Loudon, 2014)
- Best finish: 5th (Kansas, 2015)
- Has completed 1263 of 1380 laps attempted (91.52%)
- Average start: 7.2
- Average finish: 12.8
Hayley’s NCWTS Performance Profile:
Date: Friday, June 5, 2015
Time: 9 p.m. ET on FOX Sports 1
Track Details: 1.5-mile oval
Distance: 167 laps/250.5 miles
Team Website: www.ThorSport.com
Driver Website: www.CameronHayley.com
Sponsor Website: www.CabinetsbyHayley.com
Social Media: @ThorSportRacing, @CameronNHayley, @HayleyCabinets