2015 Driver Point Standings: 6th
2015 Owner Point Standings: 9th
Crew Chief: Jeff Hensley
Sandusky, Ohio (July 28, 2015) – Cameron Hayley, driver of the No. 13 Carolina Nut Co. Toyota Tundra, will make his 10th track debut of the 2015 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) season in Saturday afternoon’s Pocono Mountains 150 at Pocono (Pa.) Raceway.
Hayley, who is currently sixth in the 2015 NCWTS driver point standings, is coming off his fifth top-10 finish of the season at Eldora Speedway in Rossburg, Ohio. Saturday’s 60-lap/150-mile race at the 2.5-mile Pocono Raceway ties Daytona International Speedway as the largest oval track the Sunoco Rookie of the Year contender has seen in his young career.
Saturday’s Pocono Mountains 150 marks the sixth time the series has visited the “Tricky Triangle” since 2010. In five races at the Long Pond, Pa. track there have been five different winners, including first-time NCWTS winner, Joey Coulter (2012). Hayley looks to add his name to an already impressive list of winners that includes defending NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Champion, Kevin Harvick. A feat, no other ThorSport Racing driver has accomplished since the series began racing at the 2.5-mile track in 2010.
Sounding off – Cameron Hayley:
“I’ll be making my debut at Pocono this weekend, so I don’t know much about it other than it’s a triangle. I’ve watched a few races from there already, and the thing I’m gathering from it is, it drives pretty much like a road course. It’s three totally different corners, and you really can’t drive it like an oval. It’s definitely a mix breed between a road course and an oval.”
News & Notes:
- Chassis Chatter… The No. 13 ThorSport Racing team will unload chassis No. 53 for Saturday afternoon’s Pocono Mountains 150. This particular chassis made its debut at Kentucky Speedway earlier this month finishing ninth.
- 2015 Season Review… After 11 races this season, Hayley has completed 1701 of 1820 laps attempted (93.5%), and led 41 laps en route to two top-five and five top-10 finishes
- Pocono Possibilites… ThorSport Racing, Toyota, and Triad Racing Technologies are looking for their first wins at Pocono Raceway in the NCWTS.
- Rookie Race… Hayley remains second in the 2015 Sunoco Rookie of the Year battle after 11 races this season
- Previous Race Recap… Hayley started ninth in his dirt debut at Eldora Speedway and finished eighth, his fifth top-10 finish in 11 races this season.
Hayley’s Truck Series Stats:
- 14 starts since 2014
- Two top-five finishes
- Seven top-10 finishes
- First start: Canadian Tire Motorsport Park
- Best start: 2nd (Loudon, 2014)
- Best finish: 5th (Kansas, 2015 & Gateway, 2015)
- Has completed 2092 of 2211 laps attempted (94.6%)
- Average start: 7.7
- Average finish: 14.8
Hayley’s NCWTS Performance Profile: