Driver Points: 7th
Owner Points: 8th
Loudon, NH (September 26, 2015) – Making his second-career start at New Hampshire Motor Speedway (NHMS) in Loudon, Cameron Hayley looked to build upon his previous top-10 finish in 2014 during today’s 500th NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) race. Hayley, who is currently third in the 2015 Sunoco Rookie of The Year standings, piloted his No. 13 Cabinets by Hayley Toyota Tundra to a 12th-place finish.
During the two practice sessions held Friday, Hayley posted the eighth and third quickest time, respectively. Progressing his way through all three rounds of NCWTS qualifying Saturday morning, the Calgary, Alberta native posted a season-best starting position of third for the 18th annual UNOH 175.
Following the drop of the green flag, Hayley quickly settled into the top-10 until crew chief Jeff Hensley made the decision to bring Hayley down pit road, on lap 44, for four tires, fuel, and a track bar adjustment to aid in a “loose” Toyota Tundra.” Continuing to keep pace with the leaders, Hayley was called to pit road under green, on lap 110, and again, under caution, on lap 140, for four tires, fuel, and another round of adjustments to tighten up the No. 13 Cabinets by Hayley Toyota Tundra.
Fighting hard throughout the remaining laps of the UNOH 175, Hayley ultimately crossed the finish line 12th, behind race winner, Austin Dillon.
“We had great Cabinets by Hayley Toyota Tundra this weekend at New Hampshire Motor Speedway. We started out loose on the restarts, and our truck would continue to get tight as the run went on. [Crew Chief] Jeff Hensley made some great calls on pit road, and the final changes made to the truck really helped. Overall, today was a good day for our team, and I’m looking forward to Las Vegas [Motor Speedway] next weekend.”
- Cameron Hayley qualified a season-best third at New Hampshire Motor Speedway
- In 2015, Hayley has three top-five and eight top-10 finishes
- The ThorSport Racing driver is currently seventh in the 2015 NCWTS driver point standings, just 3 points back from sixth-place Timothy Peters
- Austin Dillion won the UNOH 175 at New Hampshire Motor Speedway followed by ThorSport Racing Teammates Matt Crafton (second) and Johnny Sauter (third), Timothy Peters (fourth) and John Hunter Nemeck (fifth).
- Up next: Rhino Linings 350 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway Saturday, October 3, 2015