Grant Enfinger Race Recap:
Grant Enfinger, driver of the No. 98 Jive Communications Toyota Tundra, made his track debut in Saturday’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) Overton’s 150 at Pocono (PA) Raceway. Starting 12th in the 60-lap event, Enfinger finished ninth in Stage 1, and 17th in Stage 2, utilizing a late-stage pit stop to gain track position for the start of the final Stage. Restarting Stage 3 from the fourth position, Enfinger ran inside the top-five through the ensuing 10 laps until a left rear tire issue, late in the Stage, forced the ThorSport Racing driver to lose valuable track position. Enfinger would settle for 13th-place finish behind race winner, Christopher Bell.
“Overall a rough weekend for us. Everybody worked really hard on this Jive Communications Tundra. We struggled a little bit in practice, but we made it way better for the race. We just fought some gremlins – something came loose on the rear there – luckily we were able to hang on to it and finish the race, but it was a handful.”
Laps Led: 0
Driver Points: 8th
Owner Points: 10th
2017 Stage Bonus Points: 57
2017 Playoff Points: 0
- The NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) had two practice sessions on Friday in preparation for Saturday’s Overton’s 150 at Pocono Raceway. Grant Enfinger was 14th, and 13th, respectively, in both sessions.
- In his track debut at Pocono Raceway in the NCWTS, the ThorSport Racing driver started 12th, finished ninth in Stage 1, 17th in Stage 2, and 13th in the Overton’s 150 on Saturday.
- In 12 starts in 2017, the ThorSport Racing driver has led 23 laps en route to five top-five and seven top-10 finishes.
- In 26 career NCWTS starts, Enfinger has one pole, one win, and has led 73 laps en route to seven top-five, and 12 top-10 finishes.
- Enfinger’s ThorSport Racing teammates finished second (Rhodes), sixth (Crafton), and eighth (Coughlin).
- Up Next: The LTi Printing 200 at Michigan International Speedway on Saturday, August 12.