Grant Enfinger Race Recap:
Grant Enfinger, driver of the No. 98 RIDE TV Toyota Tundra, made his Kansas Speedway debut in Friday night’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) Toyota Tundra 250. Starting 15th, the Sunoco Rookie of the Year contender overcame a spin on lap 12 to lead the 32-truck field once, for 14 laps. Running inside the top-10, with 30 laps remaining in the 167-lap event, Enfinger would get loose making a pass on the 7 truck and lose valuable track position. The ThorSport Racing driver would settle for an 11th-place finish behind race winner, Kyle Busch.
“We had a really good Tundra tonight. Everyone on this RIDE TV team did a really good job, but I feel like we probably gave away a top-five finish there tonight. We just got really loose underneath the 7 truck there at the end, and lost too many positions. Overall, a great effort by everyone. We’ve made improvements since Atlanta and I’m feeling good about heading to Charlotte next week, especially after the test. I appreciate everyone’s hard work tonight. I just feel like I let them down after losing those spots there at the end.”
- The NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) had two practice sessions on Thursday afternoon in preparation for Friday night’s Toyota Tundra 250. Grant Enfinger was 10th-quick in both practice sessions.
- In his Kansas Speedway debut in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series, Enfinger started 15th, led the field once for 14 laps, and finished 11th in the 167-lap event.
- The ThorSport Racing driver earned bonus points in Stages 1 and 2 at Kansas Speedway for finishing inside the top-10.
- In four starts in 2017, the RIDE TV driver has led 18 laps en route to one top-10 (Atlanta), and two top-15 finishes.
- In 18 career NCWTS starts, Enfinger has one pole, one win, and has led 68 laps en route to two top-five, and six top-10 finishes.
- Enfinger’s ThorSport Racing teammates finished 16th (Crafton), 23rd (Rhodes), and 26th (Coughlin).
- Up Next: The Education Lottery 200 at Charlotte (NC) Motor Speedway on Friday, May 19.
Driver Points: 8th
Owner Points: 10th