Sounding Off – Grant Enfinger:
“I’m looking forward to getting back behind the wheel of my RIDE TV Toyota Tundra this weekend. I’ve had some success at Kansas Speedway in the ARCA Racing Series, so I’m looking forward to getting back to the track after five weeks off. Jeff Hensley and the crew have been working hard, and I think we learned a couple things at the Charlotte test last week, that will help us across the board on the intermediate tracks. So, look for us to be a strong contender Friday night.”
News & Notes:
- Chassis Chatter… The No. 98 ThorSport Racing (TSR) team will unload chassis No. 39 for Friday night’s Toyota Tundra 250 at Kansas Speedway in Kansas City, KS. This is the same chassis Johnny Sauter piloted to a third-place finish in 2015 at Kansas, and former ThorSport Racing driver, Rico Abreu raced to an 11th-place finish at Atlanta (GA) Motor Speedway, and Phoenix (AZ) International Raceway in 2016.
- Kansas Speedway Stats… Although Enfinger will be making his debut at Kansas Speedway in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS), the ThorSport Racing driver has six starts at the 1.5-mile track in the ARCA Racing Series presented by Menards.
- Race Rewind – Martinsville… Making his second start at Martinsville (Va.) Speedway, Enfinger started 10th, ran as high as fifth, and finished 17th in the 250-lap event.
- Rookie Stripe: The RIDE TV driver is currently fourth in the 2017 Sunoco Rookie of the Year standings after three of 23 races this season.
- World Vision… In advance of Mother’s Day, Enfinger, along with his TSR teammates are working with Toyota Racing and the Kansas City Toyota region, to support the efforts of World Vision in the Kansas City community. The drivers will assemble women’s hope kits, on Thursday afternoon, that will be delivered to several local charities.
- Catch Grant at Kansas… On Friday, May 12, Enfinger, along with his TSR teammates, will be at Toyota Pit Pass in the Fan Midway from 1:30-1:50pm CT, will participate in the NCWTS autograph session in the Fan Zone from 2:00-2:45pm CT, and will also make an appearance at the RIDE TV display in the Fan Midway from 5:00-5:30pm CT.
Enfinger’s ARCA Kansas Speedway Stats:
- Starts: 6, since 2008
- Best Start: 2nd (2014)
- Best Finish: 3rd (2009, 2011, 2012, 2015)
- Top-5 Finishes: 4
- Top-10 Finishes: 4
- Laps Led: 28
- Average Start: 14.3
- Average Finish: 9.3
Enfinger’s Career NCWTS stats:
- Starts: 17 since 2010
- First Full-time Season: 2017
- Poles: 1 (Daytona, 2016)
- Wins: 1 (Talladega, 2016)
- Top-5 Finishes: 2
- Top-10 Finishes: 6
- Laps Completed: 2,134
- Laps Led: 54
- First Start: Talladega (2010)
- Start: 12.6
- Finish: 14.1