Sounding Off – Grant Enfinger:
“Everyone at ThorSport Racing has been working really hard, and it seems like we have been improving every time we go to the track. The past couple weeks we have gotten some solid finishes for our No. 98 Toyota Tundra, so I feel like we are carrying some good momentum into Gateway. This is a new track for me, but we did get a chance to test there last month, and I was really happy with our RIDE TV Tundra.”
Driver Point Standings: 14th
Owner Point Standings: 19th
Sunoco Rookie of the Year Contender
News & Notes:
- Chassis Chatter… The No. 98 ThorSport Racing (TSR) team will unload chassis No. 43 for Saturday night’s Drivin’ for Linemen 200 at Gateway Motorsports Park (GMP) in St. Louis. This is the same chassis Grant Enfinger piloted at Martinsville (Val) Speedway earlier this season.
- “Show Me State” Stats… Grant Enfinger will make his GMP debut in Saturday’s 160-lap event at the 1.25-mile track.
- Testing 1, 2, 3, Testing… In preparation for the 17th-annual NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) event, and Enfinger’s debut at the 1.25-mile track, the No. 98 ThorSport Racing team tested at GMP on May 23-24, 2017.
- NASCAR Salutes… In conjunction with the NASCAR Salutes initiative in June, Gateway Motorsports Park, NASCAR and Camping World will salute Scott Air Force Base’s 100th anniversary on Saturday, hosting service men and women stationed at the base. The first 10,000 fans will receive American flags for a special recognition of our service members prior to the race, and all NCWTS entries will run a special Scott Air Force Base decal this weekend.
- Rookie Stripe: Enfinger is currently leading the 2017 Sunoco Rookie of the Year standings by four points over Chase Briscoe after seven of 23 races this season.
- Race Rewind – Texas…. In his Texas Motor Speedway debut, the RIDE TV driver started fifth, ran as high as third, and finished third. His second consecutive top-three result.
- Catch Grant at Gateway… Enfinger will participate in the NCWTS autograph session on Saturday, June 17 from 2-2:45pm CT under tent near the scoring pylon – right outside of the NCWTS garage.
Enfinger’s Career NCWTS stats:
- Starts: 21 since 2010
- First Start: Talladega (2010)
- First Full-time Season: 2017
- Poles: 1 (Daytona, 2016)
- Wins: 1 (Talladega, 2016)
- Top-5 Finishes: 4
- Top-10 Finishes: 9
- Laps Completed: 2,802
- Laps Led: 68
- Start: 12.5
- Finish: 12.6
- Stage 1 – 35 laps (concludes at lap 35)
- Stage 2 – 35 laps (concludes at lap 70)
- Stage 3 – 90 laps (concludes at lap 160)
Date: Saturday, June 17
Time: 8:30pm ET on FOX Sports 1, SiriusXM & MRN
Track: 1.25-mile oval
Distance: 160 Laps, 200 Miles
Race Hashtags: #DrivinForLinemen200 & #NASCARSalutes