Cody Coughlin Race Recap:
Cody Coughlin, driver of the No. 13 JEGS Toyota Tundra, made his second career start at Pocono (Pa.) Raceway in Saturday’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) Overton’s 150. Starting the 60-lap event from the 13th position, Coughlin finished 15th in Stage 1, and 19th in Stage 2, utilizing a late-Stage pit stop to gain track position for the third and final Stage. Restarting fifth in Stage 3, Coughlin maintained a position inside the top-10 over the ensuing 25 laps, and finished a career-best eighth behind race winner, Christopher Bell.
“It was a good day. We’ve been running inside the top-10 all year, we just haven’t finished there. It was nice to at least finish where we’ve been running, but I wanna be better. I think this is good momentum though, for sure.”
Laps Led: 0
Driver Points: 13th
Owner Points: 14th
2017 Stage Bonus Points: 1
2017 Playoff Points: 0
- The NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) had two practice sessions on Friday in preparation for Saturday’s Overton’s 150 at Pocono Raceway. Cody Coughlin was 11th, and 14th, respectively, in both sessions.
- Starting 13th in the 60-lap event, Coughlin finished 15th in Stage 1, 19th in Stage 2, and a career-best eighth in the Overton’s 150 on Saturday.
- In two starts at the, “Tricky Triangle,” Coughlin has one top-10 finish (2017).
- In 12 starts in 2017, Coughlin has one top-10 (Pocono), and five top-15 finishes.
- Coughlin’s ThorSport Racing teammates finished second (Rhodes), sixth (Crafton), and 13th (Enfinger).
- Up Next: The LTi Printing 200 at Michigan International Speedway on Saturday, August 12