Chatting with Cody Coughlin:
“I’m really looking forward to Pocono on Saturday. I feel like we have some positive momentum on our side, after running so well in the race at Eldora last week. That strong run, and my past experience at Pocono, has all of us excited, and I think it’ll carry over to Pocono on Saturday.”
Driver Point Standings: 13th
Owner Point Standings: 15th
Sunoco Rookie of the Year Contender
2017 Stage Points: 1
2017 Playoff Points: 0
News & Notes:
- Chassis Chatter… The No. 13 ThorSport Racing (TSR) team will unload chassis No. 51 for Saturday’s Overton’s 150 at Pocono (PA) Raceway. This is the same chassis Cody Coughlin piloted to a Texas Motor Speedway and Charlotte Motor Speedway earlier this season. Matt Crafton also piloted this particular chassis to victory lane at Kentucky Motor Speedway in Sparta (2015), after starting from the pole, and Homestead-Miami (Fl.) Speedway (2015).
- Tricky Triangle Fast Facts… Coughlin has one start at Pocono Raceway in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS), and three starts in the ARCA Racing Series presented by Menards. In his NCWTS track debut in 2016, the JEGS driver started eighth, and finished 13th.
- Chasing Rookie of the Year… Coughlin, who finished 11th in the series’ last stop at Eldora Speedway, is currently seventh in the 2017 Sunoco Rookie of the Year battle, after 11 of 23 races.
- Truck Series Stats… Coughlin has made 23 NCWTS starts since 2015, with a career-best start of seventh at Talladega (Al.) Superspeedway (2016), and a career-best finish of 11th at Daytona (Fla.) International Speedway and most recently at Eldora Speedway.
- Rearview Mirror – Eldora… Coughlin started 27th in the Eldora Dirt Derby, ran as high as ninth, and finished a career-best 11th in the fifth annual event at Eldora Speedway.
- Catch Cody at Pocono… Coughlin, along with his ThorSport Racing teammates, will participate in the NCWTS autograph session from 10:00-10:45 a.m. ET on Friday, July 28 in the Chalet Village (Behind turn 3) at Pocono Raceway.
- Stage 1 – 15 laps (concludes at lap 15)
- Stage 2 – 15 laps (concludes at lap 30)
- Stage 3 – 30 laps (concludes at lap 60)
Broadcast Schedule – Pocono:
Friday, July 28:
12:00 p.m. – NCWTS Practice (FOX Sports 1)
2:00 p.m. – NCWTS Final Practice (FOX Sports 1)
Saturday, July 29:
10:00 a.m. – NCWTS Qualifying (FOX Sports 1)
1:00 p.m. – Overton’s 150 (FOX)
Date: Saturday, July 29, 2017
Time: 1:00 p.m. ET on FOX and MRN
Track: 2.5-mile tri-oval
Distance: 60 Laps, 150 miles
Social: @PoconoRaceway, #Overtons150