Cody Coughlin Race Recap:
Cody Coughlin, driver of the No. 13 JEGS Toyota Tundra, made his second start at Kentucky Speedway in Thursday night’s rain delayed NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) Buckle Up In Your Truck 225. Coughlin started 13th, when qualifying was cancelled due to weather, and the field was set based on the rule book – 2017 owner points –ran as high as seventh, finishing 20th in Stage 1, and 16th in Stage 2. At the conclusion of the race’s final Stage, Coughlin was battling for a top-10 position when his engine expired exiting Turn 1, and the ThorSport Racing driver coasted to a 15th-place finish behind race winner, Christopher Bell.
“That was a bit weird, I had no warning that was going to happen until the engine just let go. It’s disappointing because we had another fast truck and had a top-10 finish within our grasp. It was fun racing up there for much of the night; it was certainly wild at times. I’m glad the rain stopped and we were able to get this race in, and I appreciate all of the fans that waited out the delay to watch us race.”
Laps Led: 0
Driver Points: 13th
Owner Points: 16th
- The NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) had two practice sessions on Wednesday afternoon in preparation for Thursday night’s Buckle Up in Your Truck 225 at Kentucky Speedway. Cody Coughlin was 16th, and 19th-quick, respectively, in both sessions.
- Qualifying for the 20th annual event was cancelled on Thursday evening due to weather. The 32-truck field was set based on the rule book – 2017 owner points – and Coughlin rolled off from the f13th position for the 150-lap event.
- In his second start at Kentucky Speedway in the NCWTS, Coughlin started 13th, ran as high as seventh, and finished 15th in the 150-lap event.
- In 10 starts in 2017, Coughlin has four top-15 and nine top-20 finishes, including a career-best 11th-place finish at Daytona (Fla.) International Speedway.
- Coughlin’s ThorSport Racing teammates finished eighth (Crafton), 27th (Rhodes), and 28th (Enfinger).
- Up Next: The Aspen Dental 150 at Eldora Speedway on Wednesday, July 19 at 9:00 p.m. ET on FOX Sports 1.