Cody Coughlin Race Recap:
Cody Coughlin, driver of the No. 13 JEGS Toyota Tundra, made his track debut at Iowa Speedway in Friday night’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) M&M’S 200. Starting 15th, Coughlin finished 16th in Stage 1, and 14th in Stage 2, battling a loose Toyota Tundra. Unfortunately, in the final three laps of Stage 2, the ThorSport Racing driver was involved in an incident on the backstretch with three other trucks. With slight damage to the left front of his Tundra, crew chief Michael Shelton brought the No. 13 machine to pit road, under caution, for four tires and fuel. Coughlin would restart the final 68-lap stint in Stage 3, from the 14th position. Running just outside the top-10, the ThorSport Racing driver was forced down pit road, under green, for a vibration late in the 200-lap event. The unfortunate chain of events caused the Sunoco Rookie of the Year contender to lose valuable track positon, ultimately going a lap down to the race leaders, and relegating Coughlin to a 12th-place finish behind race winner, John Hunter Nemechek.
“We struggled all night. Our JEGS Tundra was just really free all night. Unfortunately, we got caught-up in someone else’s mess, and got the damage on the left front. Then we had a bad vibration that was affecting the handling, so we had to pit under green, and lost valuable track position. It wasn’t our night. We will regroup and hope to have a solid run in Kentucky in a couple weeks.”
Laps Led: 0
Driver Points: 13th
Owner Points: 14th
- The NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) had two practice sessions on Friday morning in preparation for Friday night’s M&M’S 200. Cody Coughlin was fifth, and 12th-quick, respectively, in both sessions.
- In his track debut at Iowa Speedway, Coughlin started 15th, ran as high as 10th, and finished 12th in the 200-lap event.
- In nine starts in 2017, Coughlin has three top-15 and eight top-20 finishes, including a career-best 11th-place finish at Daytona (Fla.) International Speedway.
- Coughlin’s ThorSport Racing teammates finished fourth (Enfinger), 14th (Rhodes), and 19th (Crafton).
- Up Next: The Buckle Up Your Truck 225 at Kentucky Speedway on Thursday, July 6 at 7:30pm ET.