Chatting with Cody Coughlin:
“I’m excited about going to Gateway this weekend. We tested there last month, and I believe we have a good direction on what we need to do, to be faster. We’ve had speed all year, and it’s time to close out the deal and get it done on Saturday.”
Driver Point Standings: 14th
Owner Point Standings: 19th
Sunoco Rookie of the Year Contender
News & Notes:
- Chassis Chatter… The No. 13 ThorSport Racing (TSR) team will unload chassis No. 49 for Saturday night’s Drivin’ for Linemen 200 at Gateway Motorsports Park (GMP) in St. Louis. This is the same chassis teammate Ben Rhodes raced at Gateway in 2016. Rhodes started from the pole and finished second.
- Testing 1, 2, 3, Testing… In preparation for Cody Coughlin’s debut at the 1.25-mile track, the No. 13 ThorSport Racing team tested at GMP on May 23-24, 2017.
- “Show Me” State Stats… Cody Coughlin will make his GMP debut in Saturday night’s 160-lap event at the 1.25-mile track.
- NASCAR Salutes… In conjunction with the NASCAR Salutes initiative in June, Gateway Motorsports Park, NASCAR and Camping World will salute Scott Air Force Base’s 100th anniversary on Saturday, hosting service men and women stationed at the base. The first 10,000 fans will receive American flags for a special recognition of our service members prior to the race, and all NCWTS entries will run a special Scott Air Force Base decal this weekend.
- Chasing Rookie of the Year… Coughlin, who finished 18th in the series’ last stop at Texas Motor Speedway (TMS) in Fort Worth, is currently sixth in the 2017 Sunoco Rookie of the Year battle after seven of 23 races.
- Truck Series Stats… Coughlin has made 19 NCWTS starts since 2015, with a career-best start of seventh at Talladega (Al.) Superspeedway (2016), and a career-best finish of 11th at Daytona (Fla.) International Speedway (DIS).
- Rearview Mirror – Texas… In his third career start at TMS, Coughlin started 11th, ran as high as seventh, and finished 18th, due to an expired engine late in the 167-lap event.
- Stage 1 – 35 laps (concludes at lap 35)
- Stage 2 – 35 laps (concludes at lap 70)
- Stage 3 – 90 laps (concludes at lap 160)
Date: Saturday, June 17
Time: 8:30pm ET on FOX Sports 1, SiriusXM & MRN
Track: 1.25-mile oval
Distance: 160 Laps, 200 Miles
Race Hashtags: #DrivinForLinemen200 & #NASCARSalutes