Cody Coughlin Race Recap:
Cody Coughlin, driver of the No. 13 RIDE TV Toyota Tundra, made his track debut in Wednesday night’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Eldora Dirt Derby at Eldora Speedway in Rossburg, OH. Starting 27th in the unique, dirt track qualifying format, the ThorSport Racing driver finished 11th in Stage 1, and 15th in Stage 2. Battling a “loose” Toyota Tundra, Coughlin ran as high as ninth in the final 60-lap Stage, and took the checkered flag in the 11th position behind teammate, and race winner, Matt Crafton.
Coughlin’s 11th-place finish in the fifth annual Eldora Dirt Derby ties the RIDE TV’s drivers career-best finish of 11th earlier this season at Daytona (Fl.) International Speedway.
Laps Led: 0
Driver Points: 13th
Owner Points: 15th
2017 Stage Bonus Points: 1
2017 Playoff Points: 0
“I don’t know what we found for the 150-lap feature, but it worked. I never would have thought that my career best finish would come at a dirt race, but I’m very happy about that. These two days were tough, but running through the field like that was a lot of fun.”
“I am so thankful for the hard work that all of my guys put in to get this truck fixed yesterday night in practice, and for everything they did today to help me out. We’re closing in on our first top 10 finish, and once we get that one, I think a lot more will come. I’m so thankful that Duke and Rhonda Thorson let me race their trucks. I have a lot of fun working with this whole group.”
- The NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) had two practice sessions on Tuesday evening in preparation for Wednesday night’s Eldora Dirt Derby at Eldora Speedway. Cody Coughlin was 24th, and 30th-quick, respectively, in both sessions.
- The No. 13 RIDE TV Toyota Tundra was 32nd in single truck qualifying on Wednesday afternoon.
- Coughlin lined-up seventh in Qualifying Race No. 2, and finished sixth.
- Forced to run the Last Chance Race, Coughlin started second, and finished second, earning a 27th-place starting position for the main event.
- Starting 27th in the 150-lap feature, Coughlin finished 11th in Stage 1, 15th in Stage 2, and a career-best 11th in the fifth annual Eldora Dirt Derby.
- In 11 starts in 2017, Coughlin has five top-15 and 10 top-20 finishes, including a career-best 11th-place finish at both Daytona (Fla.) International Speedway, and Eldora Speedway in Rossburg, OH.
- Coughlin’s ThorSport Racing teammates finished first (Crafton), fourth (Enfinger), 26th (Abreu), and 30th (Rhodes).
- Up Next: The Pocono Mountains 150 at Pocono Raceway on Saturday, July 29 at 1:00 p.m. on FOX.