Chatting with Cody Coughlin:
You made your Eldora Debut last season. Are you looking forward to the return to dirt?
“After last year’s run, I’m very optimistic that we’ll be pretty good in the race. I imagine that there will still be a big transition because I don’t race on dirt, hardly ever, but I’m confident we can come out of there with a top 10.”
Although Eldora is a couple hours from home, what does it mean to race in front of friends and family at Eldora?
“It’s always fun to race in front of friends and family. That doesn’t happen often now that I’m racing in the Truck Series. We only have one race in Ohio, so that makes this race at Eldora even more special. It’s also the home race for ThorSport Racing, since our shop is in Sandusky, so it’ll be cool to be near our home, and the team’s home.”
Driver Point Standings: 13th
Owner Point Standings: 16th
Sunoco Rookie of the Year Contender
2017 Stage Points: 1
2017 Playoff Points: 0
News & Notes:
- Chassis Chatter… The No. 13 ThorSport Racing (TSR) team will unload chassis No. 41 for Wednesday night’s Eldora Dirt De
by at Eldora Speedway in New Weston, OH. This particular chassis will make its 2017 debut at Eldora on Wednesday night.
- Eldora Dirt… Cody Coughlin made his Eldora Speedway debut in 2016. The TSR driver started 26th and finished 19th.
- Welcome Home… Coughlin, a Delaware, OH native calls the “Buckeye State” home. The RIDE TV driver lives about 95 east of Eldora Speedway.
- Chasing Rookie of the Year… Coughlin, who finished 15th in the series’ last stop at Kentucky Motor Speedway in Sparta, is currently seventh in the 2017 Sunoco Rookie of the Year battle after 10 of 23 races.
- Truck Series Stats… Coughlin has made 22 NCWTS starts since 2015, with a career-best start of seventh at Talladega (Al.) Superspeedway (2016), and a career-best finish of 11th at Daytona (Fla.) International Speedway (DIS).
- Rearview Mirror – Kentucky… In his second start at Kentucky Speedway in the NCWTS, Coughlin started 13th, ran as high as seventh, and finished 15th in the 150-lap event.
- Catch Cody at Eldora… Coughlin, along with his ThorSport Racing teammates, will participate in the NCWTS autograph session from 3:00-3:45 p.m. on Wednesday, July 19 in the Multi-purpose Building outside Turns 3 and 4 at Eldora Speedway.
- Stage 1 – 40 laps (concludes at lap 40)
- Stage 2 – 50 laps (concludes at lap 90)
- Stage 3 – 60 laps (concludes at lap 150)
Broadcast Schedule – Eldora:
Wednesday, July 19:
5:00 p.m. NCWTS Qualifying (Single Vehicle/Two Laps) – FOX Sports 1
7:30 p.m. NCWTS Qualifying Races (5 Races/10 Laps Each) – FOX Sports 2
9:00 p.m. NCWTS Setup Show – FOX Business
9:30 p.m. Eldora Dirt Derby (150 Laps/75 Miles) – FOX Business
*FOX Business (Direct TV) – Channel 359
*FOX Business (Dish Network) – Channel 206
Date: Wednesday, July 19
Time: 9:30pm ET on FOX Business, SiriusXM & MRN
Track: half-mile clay oval
Distance: 150 Laps, 75 miles
Social: @EldoraSpeedway, #EldoraDirtDerbyV