Cody Coughlin Race Recap:
Cody Coughlin, driver of the No. 13 JEGS Toyota Tundra, made his track debut at Dover (Del.) International Speedway (DIS) in Friday’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) Bar Harbor 200. Starting 17th, the ThorSport Racing driver recovered from an early incident on lap 23, which forced him to go a lap down, to run inside the top-five early in Stage 2. Unfortunately, a stalled truck in Coughlin’s pit box, as he was trying to make his last pit stop of the day, would mire the JEGS driver multiple laps down late in the 200-lap event. Coughlin would settle for a 16th-place finish behind race winner, Johnny Sauter.
“It was an eventful 200 laps. Once again, I feel like we didn’t get the result that we deserved, but we did a good job of fighting back from that early incident. Michael (Shelton, crew chief) and the guys did a great job to get it fixed from the early incident. It was a lot of fun racing in the top five before that pit road issue on the last stop. It’s always fun racing with my ThorSport guys. I’m glad Duke and Rhonda Thorson let me pilot their trucks. We’ll head off to Texas next week and hopefully get into the top 10 there.”
Laps Led: 0
Driver Points: 15th
Owner Points: 20th
- The NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) had two practice sessions on Thursday afternoon in preparation for Friday’s Bar Harbor 200 at DIS. Cody Coughlin was fifth and 11th, respectively, in both sessions.
- In his track debut at DIS, Coughlin started 17th, ran as high as third, and finished 16th in the 200-lap event.
- In six starts in 2017, Coughlin has one top-15 and five top-20 finishes, including a career-best 11th-place finish at Daytona (Fla.) International Speedway.
- Coughlin’s ThorSport Racing teammates finished third (Enfinger), fourth (Rhodes), and 11th (Crafton).
- Up Next: The Rattlesnake 400 at Texas Motor Speedway on Friday, June 9 at 8:00pm ET.