Chatting with Cody Coughlin:
“I’ve never been to Dover, but I’ve heard it’s a fun place once you get the hang of it. It seems like a different track for sure, but I like to think I do well on the high-banked short tracks like a Winchester. Dover is definitely a faster one, so it’ll take a few laps to get used to it.”
News & Notes:
- Chassis Chatter… The No. 13 ThorSport Racing (TSR) team will unload chassis No. 57 for Friday night’s Bar Harbor 200 at Dover (Del.) International Speedway (DIS). This is the same chassis teammate Ben Rhodes piloted at Chicagoland Speedway in 2016.
- The Down Low on Dover… Coughlin will make his DIS debut in Friday night’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) Bar Harbor 200 at the 1-mile concrete oval.
- Chasing Rookie of the Year… Coughlin, who finished 16th in the series’ last stop at Charlotte (NC) Motor Speedway (CMS), is currently fifth in the 2017 Sunoco Rookie of the Year battle after five of 23 races.
- Truck Series Stats… Coughlin has made 17 NCWTS starts since 2015, with a career-best start of seventh at Talladega (Al.) Superspeedway (2016), and a career-best finish of 11th at Daytona (Fla.) International Speedway (2017).
- Rearview Mirror – Charlotte… In his track debut at CMS, Coughlin started 17th, ran as high as ninth, and finished 16th in the 134-lap event.
- Catch Cody at Dover… Coughlin, along with his ThorSport Racing teammates will participate in the NCWTS autograph session on Friday, June 2 from 12:30-1:15pm ET at the Delaware Office of Highway Safety display, located in the Midway Fan Zone at DIS.
Driver Point Standings: 15th
Owner Point Standings: 19th
Sunoco Rookie of the Year Contender
- Stage 1 – 45 laps (concludes at lap 45)
- Stage 2 – 45 laps (concludes at lap 90)
- Stage 3 – 110 laps (concludes at lap 200)
Date: Friday, June 2
Time: 5:30pm ET on FOX Sports 1
Track: 1-mile concrete oval
Distance: 200 Laps, 200 Miles