Chatting with Cody Coughlin:
“It’s always nice to be familiar with a race track. I’m sure some things have changed since I last raced at Chicagoland Speedway – the track is probably a bit more worn out. First practice will probably be a bit of a ‘feeling-out’ period, but I know the line heading in. I’ve run well there before, and the team has had good speed on the intermediate tracks, so I have a good feeling for Friday night.
Driver Point Standings: 13th
Owner Point Standings: 15th
Sunoco Rookie of the Year Contender
2017 Stage Wins: 0
2017 Stage Bonus Points: 1
2017 Playoff Points: 0
News & Notes:
- Chassis Chatter… The No. 13 ThorSport Racing (TSR) team will unload chassis No. 53 for Friday night’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) Chicagoland 225 at Chicagoland Speedway. This is the same chassis Cody Coughlin piloted earlier this season at Kansas Speedway (26th), and Kentucky Motor Speedway (15th).
- Windy City Stats… Coughlin has two starts at Chicagoland Speedway in the ARCA Racing Series presented by Menards (2014-2015). The ThorSport Racing driver’s success includes one pole (2015), four laps led (2015), and one top-five finish (2014).
- Chasing Rookie of the Year… Coughlin, who finished 21st, in the series’ last stop at Canadian Tire Motorsports Park (CTMP), is currently seventh in the 2017 Sunoco Rookie of the Year battle, after 15 of 23 races this season.
- Truck Series Stats… Coughlin has made 27 NCWTS starts since 2015, with a career-best start of seventh at Talladega (Al.) Superspeedway (2016), and a career-best finish of eighth at Pocono Raceway (2017).
- Rearview Mirror – Canada… Starting 19th in his track debut at CTMP, Coughlin finished 18th in Stage 1, 21st in Stage 2, and 21st in the NCWTS 250.
- Catch Cody at Chicago… Coughlin, along with his ThorSport Racing teammates, will participate in the Chicagoland Speedway autograph session on Friday, September 15 at 1:00-1:45 p.m. in the Infield Fan Zone.
Stage 1 – 35 laps (concludes at lap 35)
Stage 2 – 35 laps (concludes at lap 70)
Stage 3 – 80 laps (concludes at lap 150)
Broadcast Schedule – Chicago:
Friday, September 15:
- 5:00 p.m. ET – NCWTS Qualifying (FOX Sports 1)
- 8:00 p.m. ET – NCWTS Setup (FOX Sports 1)
- 8:30 p.m. ET – Chicagoland 225 (FOX Sports 1)
Date: Friday, September 15. 2017
Time: 8:30 p.m. ET on FOX Sports 1
Track: 1.5-mile tri-oval
Distance: 150 laps/225 miles