Cody Coughlin Race Recap:
Cody Coughlin, driver of the No. 13 JEGS Toyota Tundra, made his track debut at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park (CTMP) in Sunday’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) 250. Starting 19th, the ThorSport Racing driver finished 18th in Stage 1, and 21st in Stage 2. Restarting 10th for the final 20 lap shootout, Coughlin maintained a position right outside the top-15 for the ensuing 10 laps until going for a spin in Turn 6. Due to heavy damage on the No. 13 Tundra, Coughlin would go multiple laps down to the race leaders, and settle for a 21st-place finish behind race winner, Austin Cindric.
“This was a tough race track. I feel like I learned a lot all weekend, but the results unfortunately won’t show that. I hate that my guys didn’t get the finish that they deserved, but I’m thankful that they battled hard to get us back out on the race track. We’ll go to Chicago in two weeks, and I’m sure my guys will give me a fast Tundra there as well. I’m excited to get to our next race.”
Laps Led: 0
Driver Points: 13th
Owner Points: 15th
2017 Stage Bonus Points: 1
2017 Playoff Points: 0
- The NCWTS had two practice sessions on Saturday morning in preparation for Sunday’s NCWTS 250 at CTMP. Cody Coughlin was 19th, and 20th, respectively, in each session.
- Starting 19th in his track debut at CTMP, Coughlin finished 18th in Stage 1, 21st in Stage 2, and 21st in the NCWTS 250.
- In 15 starts in 2017, Coughlin has one top-10 (Pocono), and six top-15 finishes.
- In 27 career NCWTS starts, Coughlin has one top-10, and eight top-15 finishes.
- Coughlin’s ThorSport Racing teammates finished 10th (Rhodes), 13th (Enfinger), and 25th (Crafton).
- Up Next: The Chicagoland 225 at Chicagoland Speedway on Friday, September 15 at 8:30 p.m. ET on FS1.