Cody Coughlin Race Recap:
Cody Coughlin, driver of the No. 13 RIDE TV Toyota Tundra, made his track debut at Bristol Motor Speedway (BMS) in Wednesday night’s rain-delayed NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) UNOH 200. Starting eighth, Coughlin finished 13th in Stage 1, and 11th in Stage 2. Restarting the final 84-lap Stage from the 10th position, the ThorSport Racing driver maintained a spot inside the top-10, before making contact with the No. 99 machine, and losing valuable ground on the leaders. The RIDE TV driver would settle for a 17th-place finish behind race winner, Kyle Busch.
Laps Led: 0
Driver Points: 13th
Owner Points: 15th
2017 Stage Bonus Points: 1
2017 Playoff Points: 0
“I thought we had a top 10 finish working during the first half of this race. We battled a lot of adversity through some contact with other competitors, and cut a right front tire at the end of the first stage. We don’t know what happened, but it wouldn’t turn in the center of the corner. My guys worked really hard and we all deserved a better finish. We’ll keep fighting to keep knocking off those top 10 finishes.”
- The NCWTS had two practice sessions on Wednesday morning in preparation for Wednesday night’s UNOH 200 at B Cody Coughlin was first, and seventh, respectively, in each session.
- Starting eighth, in his track debut at BMS, Coughlin finished 13th in Stage 1, 11th in Stage 2, and 17th in the UNOH 200.
- In 14 starts in 2017, Coughlin has one top-10 (Pocono), and five top-15 finishes.
- In 26 career NCWTS starts, Coughlin has one top-10, and eight top-15 finishes.
- Coughlin’s ThorSport Racing teammates finished second (Crafton), fourth (Enfinger), and fifth (Rhodes).
- Up Next: The NCWTS 250 at Canadian Tire Motorsports Park on Sunday, September 3 at 2:30 p.m. ET on FOX Sports 1.