2015 Driver Point Standings: 6th
2015 Owner Point Standings: 8th
Crew Chief: Jeff Hensley
Sandusky, Ohio (June 15, 2015) – Entering the ninth race of the season at Iowa Speedway in Newton, Cameron Hayley, driver of the No. 13 Cabinets by Hayley Toyota Tundra, hopes to continue building momentum in 2015. Making seven track debuts in the season’s first eight races, the Sunoco Rookie of the Year contender has scored two top-five and three top-10 finishes. The ThorSport Racing driver scored just his second career NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) top-five finish in last Saturday’s Drivin’ for Linemen 200 at Gateway (Ill.) Motorsports Park. With track experience on his side this weekend, Hayley returns to the site of Friday night’s American Ethanol 200 presented by Enogen at Iowa Speedway with a cornfield full of reasons why he could see success at the Midwestern track.
Hayley, who has six previous starts at the “Fastest Short Track on the Planet,” four in the K&N Pro Series West and two in the K&N Pro Series East, has collected one pole, three top-five, and four top-10 finishes. With impressive stats at the 7/8-mile tri-oval, the ThorSport Racing driver hopes to continue his string of top-10 finishes in 2015, and be a contender for victory lane on Friday night.
Sounding off – Cameron Hayley:
“I’m really looking forward to going back to Iowa (Speedway) this weekend. I would say of every track on the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series schedule, Iowa is a track where I have the most experience at, and the most comfort level. It should be a really good track for us. After all these mile-and-a-half tracks we’ve been going to, getting back to a short-track that I have experience on will be nice.”
I consider Iowa a short track, but it does drive a little bit like a mile-and-a-half. It’s just a very fast short track. These trucks are just so big and bulky, and you have so much aero dependency that you have to rely on, so if someone takes that off, you can lose the truck.”
News & Notes:
- Chassis Chatter… The No. 13 ThorSport Racing team will unload chassis No. 36 for Friday night’s American Ethanol 200 at Iowa Speedway. This is a new chassis for Hayley, and will make its 2015 debut this weekend.
- Rookie Race… Hayley remains second in the 2015 Sunoco Rookie of the Year battle after eight races this season. The ThorSport Racing driver now trails leader Erik Jones by 28 points.
- Previous Race Recap… Running within the top-15 for the majority of his Gateway Motorsports Park debut, pit strategy and a couple late race cautions put Hayley within striking distance of the leaders in the final laps. Taking advantage of the track position, and a fast Toyota Tundra, the Sunoco Rookie of the Year contender battled his way to a top-five finish on Saturday night, the second of his young NCWTS career.
Hayley’s Truck Series Stats:
- 11 starts since 2014
- Two top-five finishes
- Five top-10 finishes
- First start: Canadian Tire Motorsport Park
- Best start: 2nd (Loudon, 2014)
- Best finish: 5th (Kansas, 2015 & Gateway, 2015)
- Has completed 1590 of 1707 laps attempted (93.14%)
- Average start: 7.45
- Average finish: 11.54
Hayley’s NCWTS at Iowa Speedway Performance Profile: