2015 Driver Point Standings: 6th
2015 Owner Point Standings: 9th
Crew Chief: Jeff Hensley
Sandusky, Ohio (September 22, 2015) – Sunoco Rookie of the Year contender, Cameron Hayley, is looking to rebound this weekend following a 16th-place finish in the series last stop at Chicagoland Speedway in Joliet, and the “Magic Mile” is just the place to do so in his No. 13 Cabinets by Hayley Toyota Tundra. Hayley, who will be making his second start at the 1.058-mile track in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS), scored a career-best, second-place starting position, in just his second career NCWTS race in 2014, and a solid top-10 finish, finishing sixth.
Getting off to a quick start in his first showing at the “Magic Mile,” the Canadian native ran competitively among the leaders for the entirety of the race. A call for two tires on his last pit stop, and three green-white-checkered flag attempts, resulted in a sixth-place finish for Hayley. The 19-year-old driver, who is currently sixth in the NCWTS standings with three top-five and 10 career top-10 finishes, also has one previous start at NHMS in a K&N Pro Series East car, starting eighth and finishing 15th.
Eager to rebound from Chicago, and capitalize on his prior experiences in Loudon, Hayley hopes to capture his first career NCWTS win in Saturday’s 175-lap event at NHMS.
Sounding off – Cameron Hayley:
“I got my best career start at New Hampshire Motor Speedway in just my second NCWTS race last year. I’m with a new team, and a new truck since then, but I think we can only do better in this year’s race. It’s a tough track because it’s really fast for it only being a mile, yet it’s so flat, like a big Martinsville really. It’s so difficult to get these trucks to turn in the center, and aerodynamics are huge there as trucks get underneath each other, and you have no banking to hold you. That’s probably the biggest challenge.”
News & Notes:
- 2015 Chassis Chatter… The No. 13 ThorSport Racing team will utilize chassis No. 36 for Saturday afternoon’s UNOH 175 at New Hampshire Motor Speedway. This particular chassis was last seen earlier in 2015 at Iowa Speedway in Newton, where Hayley started fifth, and finished 19th after leading 37 laps.
- Loudon Stats… Hayley will make his second NCWTS start at New Hampshire Motor Speedway on Saturday. In his debut in 2014, Hayley qualified on the outside of the front row, and raced to a sixth-place finish. In fact, the ThorSport Racing driver ranks second in Average Start, fifth in Average Running Position (6.27), and fifth in Average Finish (6.0).
- Season Review… After 16 races this season, Hayley has completed 2281 of 2405 laps attempted (94.8%), and led 54 laps en route to three top-five and eight top-10 finishes.
- Rookie Race… Hayley is currently third in the 2015 Sunoco Rookie of the Year battle, only seven points behind second-place Daniel Hemric. Both Sunoco Rookie of the Year contenders are chasing leader, Erik Jones, after 16 races this season.
- Previous Race Recap… Despite rain washing out qualifying and pushing the American Ethanol 225 at Chicagoland Speedway in Joliet, Ill. to Saturday morning, Hayley looked strong from the drop of the green flag. Hayley started seventh, and maintained a position inside the top-10 for a majority of the 150-lap event. However, a late race call from crew chief, Jeff Hensley to make it to the end of the race on one tank of fuel, derailed Hayley’s day when he came up just two laps short on gas, relinquishing him to a 16th-place finish, four laps down.
Hayley’s Truck Series Stats:
- 19 starts since 2014
- Three top-five finishes
- 10 top-10 finishes
- First start: Canadian Tire Motorsport Park
- Best start: 2nd (Loudon, 2014)
- Best finish: 4th (Pocono, 2015)
- Has completed 2672 of 2796 laps attempted (95.5%)
- Average start: 8.1
- Average finish: 11.5
Hayley’s NCWTS Performance Profile:
Date: Saturday, September 26, 2015
Time: 1:00 p.m. ET on FOX Sports 1
Track Details: 1.058-mile oval
Distance: 175 laps/185.15 miles
ABOUT CABINETS BY HAYLEY:
Cabinets by Hayley is the premier manufacturer of metal garage and storage cabinets in Canada, coast to coast. Formed in 1978, Hayley Industrial Electronics Ltd. produced high-powered, uninterruptible power supply units for heavy-duty applications. After nearly 30 years of high-standard systems in the industrial field, Hayley formed Cabinets by Hayley to service the residential market. Now, Cabinets by Hayley offers a full line of metal storage cabinets for the people that want the best in quality and appearance for their storage needs. To learn more, visit www.CabinetsByHayley.com.