Laps Led: 0
2016 Driver Points: 11th
2016 Owner Points: 12th
Cameron Hayley Race Recap:
Cameron Hayley, driver of the No. 13 RIDE TV Toyota Tundra, made his second start at Talladega Superspeedway in Saturday’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Fred’s 250. Starting 20th, Hayley ran as high as fifth, but finished 20th due to a last lap wreck, relegating the sophomore driver to a 19th-place finish.
Hayley maintained a position inside the top-20 through the first 40 laps of the 94 lap event. Crew chief Eddie Troconis brought the No. 13 Toyota Tundra to pit road, under caution, at lap 15, for fuel only, lap 37, for four tires and fuel, lap 52, for fuel only, and lap 61, for two tires and fuel. Restarting inside the top-10, with just over 30 laps remaining, Hayley fell back to 15th, and was taken out of contention by the 02 truck on lap 93 of 94. The RIDE TV driver was credited with a 19th-place finish behind race winner, Grant Enfinger.
News & Notes:
- The NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) had two practice sessions on Friday afternoon in preparation for Saturday’s Fred’s 250 at Talladega Superspeedway. Cameron Hayley was 23rd, and 24th, respectively, in both sessions.
- Making his second NCWTS start at the 2.66-mile track, Hayley started 20th, ran as high as fifth, and finished 19th following a last-lap accident involving the 02 truck.
- In two starts at Talladega Superspeedway, Hayley has one top-10 finish (2015).
- In 19 NCWTS starts in 2016, Hayley has led 21 laps en route to five top-five, and nine top-10 finishes.
- In 45 career NCWTS starts, Hayley has led 99 laps en route to nine top-five and 24 top-10 finishes.
- Hayley’s ThorSport Racing teammates finished fourth (Abreu), 22nd (Crafton), and 24th (Rhodes).
- Up Next: The Texas Roadhouse 200 at Martinsville Speedway on Saturday, October 29 at 1:30pm ET.