Laps Led: 0
2016 Driver Points: 11th
2016 Owner Points: 12th
Cameron Hayley Race Recap:
Cameron Hayley, driver of the No. 13 RIDE TV Toyota Tundra, made his second career start at Phoenix International Raceway (PIR) in Friday night’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) Lucas Oil 150. Starting seventh, Hayley battled a tight Toyota Tundra from the drop of the green flag. Running as high as fourth, the Calgary, Alberta, Canada native maintained a position inside the top-10 through the races first 120 laps. With 30 laps remaining, Hayley made his way inside the top-five, and crossed the stripe in the fourth position behind race winner, Daniel Suarez.
The top-five result was the ThorSport Racing drivers best finish in two starts at the one-mile Avondale, Ariz. track.
Cameron Hayley Quote:
“A really solid run for this RIDE TV team. We struggled a little bit there at the end, but still managed to secure a top-five finish – something we really needed. We will head to Homestead next week, and try to get that elusive win in the final race of the year.”
News & Notes:
- The NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) had two practice sessions on Friday at Phoenix International Raceway (PIR) in preparation for Friday night’s Lucas Oil 150. Cameron Hayley was 13th, and second, in both sessions, respectively.
- Making his second NCWTS start at PIR, Hayley started seventh, ran as high as fourth, and finished fourth in the 150-lap event.
- In two starts at PIR, Hayley has one top-five finish.
- Following Friday night’s Lucas Oil 150, Toyota was able to clinch the 2016 NCWTS manufacturer’s championship – their ninth title in 13 season competing in the series.
- In 22 NCWTS starts in 2016, Hayley has led 21 laps en route to six top-five, and 11 top-10 finishes.
- In 48 career NCWTS starts, Hayley has led 99 laps en route to 10 top-five, and 26 top-10 finishes.
- Hayley’s ThorSport Racing teammates finished third (Matt Crafton), 11th (Rico Abreu), and 14th (Ben Rhodes).
- Up Next: The Ford EcoBoost 200 at Homestead-Miami Speedway on Friday, November 18 at 8pm ET.