Laps Led: 0
2016 Driver Points: 9th
2016 Owner Points: 10th
Cameron Hayley Race Recap:
Cameron Hayley, driver of the No. 13 RIDE TV Toyota Tundra, made his second career start at Michigan International Speedway (MIS) in Saturday’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) Careers for Veterans 200. Starting 14th, Hayley ran as high as second, fighting a tight Toyota Tundra, and finished fifth in the 100-lap event. The top-five result was Hayley’s track-best finish in two starts at the 2-mile speedway, and his fourth top-five in 14 starts this season.
Starting 14th, the ThorSport Racing driver maintained a position inside the top-15 through the first 50 laps. Crew chief Eddie Troconis brought the RIDE TV Tundra to pit road under the first caution at lap 32 for four tires, and fuel, under the second caution at lap 46 for fuel only, and under the fourth caution at lap 64 for two tires, and fuel. In the final 35 laps, Hayley utilized the draft and survived three accidents with the front-runners to finish a track-best fifth behind race winner, Brett Moffitt.
Cameron Hayley Quote:
“Our three ThorSport Tundra’s were lined up and we were trying to stay lined up because we knew that was the only way we could catch that lead pack, and challenge for the win. We got pretty aggressive at the end – a lot of drafting and a lot of side-drafting. Overall a great run for our RIDE TV Tundra, but came up a little short on the setup. Top-five is great, but we need a win right now.”
News & Notes:
- The NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) had two practice sessions on Friday in preparation for Saturday afternoon’s Career’s For Veterans 200 at MIS. Cameron Hayley was first, and 9th, respectively, in both sessions.
- Making his second career NCWTS start at MIS, Hayley started 14th, ran as high as second, and finished fifth in the rain delayed event.
- In 14 starts in 2016, Hayley has led 21 laps en route to four top-five, and seven top-10 finishes.
- In 40 career NCWTS starts, Hayley has led 99 laps en route to eight top-five and 22 top-10 finishes.
- Hayley’s ThorSport Racing teammates finished sixth (Rhodes), seventh (Crafton), and 13th (Abreu).
- Up Next: The NCWTS 250 at Canadian Tire Motorsports Park on Sunday, September 4, 2016 at 2:30pm ET.