Crew Chief: Eddie Troconis
Engine: Triad Racing Technologies
2016 Driver Points: 11th
2016 Owner Points: 12th
Sounding Off – Cameron Hayley:
There are three races remaining before the series first ever Chase. Do you feel like you need to be consistent to get in, or do you need a win to get in at this point?
“Well, if you had asked me after Pocono, when we were sitting eighth in points, and we just needed to be consistent, I would have said yes. Unfortunately, at Bristol, we had a parts failure that ended up ruining our night. We were running top-two, and ended up 24th. At this point, with three races remaining, we really need to get a win.”
You finished in the top-10 last year at Michigan. What do you like about the track?
“To be honest, Michigan was one of my tougher tracks last year. I enjoyed driving on it, it was super smooth, super fast, and being a two-mile superspeedway it produced some really high speeds. Unfortunately, I was good in practice, top of the board, and comfortable with my times, then we go to the race and something went wrong. We are looking back, studying the data to see what went wrong during the race to try and prevent it from happening again. We’re bringing a great Tundra to the track this year, one we’ve already had some success with, so hopefully we can get everything sorted out, and be better across the board all weekend.”
News & Notes:
- Chassis Chatter…The No. 13 ThorSport Racing team will unload chassis No. 35 for Saturday’s Careers for Veterans 200 at Michigan International Speedway (MIS). This is the same chassis that Hayley has earned both of his season-best, second-place finishes at Atlanta Motor Speedway, and Pocono International Raceway earlier this season.
- Michigan Minute… Hayley has one start at MIS in the NCWTS. The ThorSport Racing driver started sixth, ran as high as fifth, and finished 10th in 2015.
- Let’s RIDE… RIDE TV, a 24-hour, high-definition, television network, dedicated to providing quality entertainment to equestrian and agriculture enthusiasts, will make their second of 10 starts onboard the No. 13 Toyota Tundra this weekend at MIS.
- Race Rewind – Bristol… Making his second career NCWTS start at BMS, Hayley started third, a track-best, and finished 24th.
Hayley’s Michigan NCWTS Stats:
- One start (2015)
- 100 of 100 laps completed (100%)
- Started: 6th
- Finished: 10th
- Laps Led: 0
Hayley’s 2016 NCWTS Stats:
- Starts: 13
- Top-5 Finishes: 3
- Top-10 Finishes: 6
- Best Start: 2nd (Iowa Speedway)
- Best Finish: 2nd (Atlanta & Pocono)
- Lap Completed 2049 of 2076 (98.7%)
- Laps Led: 21
- Average Start: 9.8
- Average Finish: 13.3
Hayley’s Career NCWTS stats:
- Starts: 39 since 2014
- First full-time season: 2015
- Top-5 Finishes: 7
- Top-10 Finishes: 21
- Laps Completed: 5770
- Laps Led: 99
- Start: 8.7
- Finish: 11.6
- Best start: 2nd, Loudon (2014), Martinsville (Oct., 2015), and Iowa (2016)
- Best finish: 2nd, Atlanta Motor Speedway & Pocono International Raceway (2016)
Hayley’s 2015 NCWTS Stats:
- Finished sixth in the driver point standings
- Sunoco Rookie of the Year contender
- Four top-five finishes
- 13 top-10 finishes
- 78 laps led
- Best start: 2nd (Martinsville, October)
- Best finish: 3rd (Martinsville, October)