Laps Led: 0
2016 Driver Points: 11th
2016 Owner Points: 12th
Cameron Hayley Race Recap:
Cameron Hayley, driver of the No. 13 RIDE TV Toyota Tundra, made his second start at Las Vegas Motor Speedway in Saturday’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series DC Solar 350. Posting the 15th, and 14th-fastest times in Saturday morning’s two practice sessions, Hayley earned the ninth starting position for the 146-lap event in qualifying Saturday afternoon. Running as high as second, Hayley fought a tight-handling Toyota Tundra throughout the first 95 laps. Crew chief Eddie Troconis brought the ThorSport Racing driver to pit road, under caution, for scheduled stops, at laps 39, and 95 for four tires, fuel and adjustments. Unfortunately, following the last restart, at lap 98, Hayley’s RIDE TV Tundra swung to the, “wrecking loose,” side and Hayley went from ninth to 18th, even losing a lap to the race leaders, late in the event. The Calgary, Alberta, Canada native would settle for an 18th-place finish behind race winner, Tyler Reddick.
News & Notes:
- The NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) had two practice sessions on Saturday morning in preparation for Saturday night’s DC Solar 350 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway (LVMS). Cameron Hayley was 15th, and 14th, respectively, in both sessions.
- Making his second NCWTS start at the 1.5-mile track, Hayley started ninth, ran as high as second, and finished 18th in the 146-lap event.
- In two starts at LVMS, Hayley has led 23 laps en route one top-10 finish.
- In 18 NCWTS starts in 2016, Hayley has led 21 laps en route to five top-five, and nine top-10 finishes.
- In 44 career NCWTS starts, Hayley has led 99 laps en route to nine top-five and 24 top-10 finishes.
- Hayley’s ThorSport Racing teammates finished eighth (Crafton), 12th (Rhodes), and 20th (Abreu).
- Up Next: The fred’s 250 at Talladega Superspeedway on Saturday, October 22 at 1pm ET.