Laps Led: 0
2016 Driver Points: 11th
2016 Owner Points: 12th
Cameron Hayley Race Recap:
Cameron Hayley, driver of the No. 13 Mattei Toyota Tundra, made his second career start at Homestead-Miami Speedway (HMS) in Friday night’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) season finale. Starting 16th, Hayley ran as high as sixth, battling a loose Toyota Tundra throughout the 134-lap event, and finished 16th behind race winner, William Byron.
Hayley will close out his sophomore season in the NCWTS 11th in points with six top-five, and 11 top-10 finishes.
News & Notes:
- The NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) had two practice sessions on Friday morning at Homestead-Miami Speedway (HMS). Cameron Hayley was 20th, and eighth, respectively, in both sessions.
- Making his second NCWTS start at HMS, Hayley started 16th, ran as high as sixth, and finished 16th in the 134-lap event.
- In two starts at HMS, Hayley has one top-10 finish (2015).
- In 23 NCWTS starts in 2016, Hayley has led 21 laps en route to six top-five, and 11 top-10 finishes.
- Hayley will unofficially finish 11th in the 2016 driver point standings in his sophomore year in the NCWTS.
- In 49 career NCWTS starts, Hayley has led 99 laps en route to 10 top-five, and 26 top-10 finishes.
- Hayley’s ThorSport Racing teammates finished seventh (Matt Crafton), 13th (Rico Abreu), and 20th (Ben Rhodes).