Laps Led: 0
2016 Driver Points: 13th
2016 Owner Points: 13th
Cameron Hayley Race Recap:
Cameron Hayley, driver of the No. 13 Cabinets by Hayley Toyota Tundra, started 10th in Saturday night’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) Drivin’ for Linemen 200, when qualifying was cancelled due to rain, and the field was set based on the NASCAR rule book – combination of both practice speeds. The ThorSport Racing driver worked his way inside the top-five by lap 10, but was relegated to a 24th-place finish when the No. 51 machine made contact with his Toyota Tundra in Turn 3 at lap 26. Crew chief Eddie Troconis brought the No. 13 Tundra to pit road multiple times, under yellow, to diagnose a major vibration, but the Calgary, Alberta, Canada native spent the remainder of the 160-lap event playing catch-up. Hayley’s 24th-place result follows his strong third-place run at Iowa Speedway last week.
“We just got wrecked. I hate it for everyone on this Cabinets by Hayley team. Everyone has been working so hard just to get us here, after the fire a couple weeks ago, and we had a fast Toyota Tundra. I hate we didn’t get to show that. I just have to thank all my guys for not giving up. We have a week to regroup before Kentucky, and we will get back at it strong there.”
News & Notes:
- The NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) had two practice sessions on Saturday morning in preparation for Saturday night’s Drivin’ for Linemen 200 at Gateway Motorsports Park(GMP). Hayley was 17th, and 9th, respectively.
- Making his second start at GMP in the NCWTS, Hayley started 10th, and worked his way up to the sixth position before being involved in a lap 26 incident with the 51 truck in Turn 3, relegating the sophomore driver to a 24th-place finish.
- In 2016, Hayley has led 21 laps en route to two top-five (Atlanta & Iowa), and three top-10 finishes.
- In 35 career NCWTS starts, Hayley has led 99 laps en route to six top-five and 18 top-10 finishes.
- Hayley’s ThorSport Racing teammates finished second (Rhodes), 14th (Abreu), and 27th (Crafton).
- Up Next: The Buckle Up In Your Truck 225 at Kentucky Speedway on Thursday, July 7 at 8:30pm ET.