Crew Chief: Eddie Troconis
Engine: Triad Racing Technologies
2016 Driver Point Standings: 11th
2016 Owner Point Standings: 11th
Sounding Off – Cameron Hayley:
Eldora presents a unique challenge for the drivers. Is it a track you are looking forward to, or could you do without it?
“I haven’t had a lot of experience on dirt. Last year I was super nervous, mainly because I didn’t know what to expect, but it was actually kind of fun. During the day, there was a cushion, but as soon as that cushion disappeared, the track was tough, it was slick. Eldora is definitely a different type of race track that we are used to running on, but I’m looking forward to it, although I’m still a little nervous.”
In years past, Eldora has been a one-day show with practice, qualifying, and the race all in one day. Do you think the new format will help you this year?
“I think with the new format this year, of having practice the day before, will help because the track conditions will be a lot better. Instead of the racing surface deteriorating throughout the day with practice, qualifying, heat races, and the race all in one day, now we will have an entire day to build the track back up, and have it similar to where we were in practice.”
News & Notes:
- Chassis Chatter…The No. 13 ThorSport Racing team will unload chassis No. 37 for Wednesday night’s Aspen Dental Eldora Dirt Derby at Eldora Speedway. This is the same chassis Hayley piloted at Dover International Speedway (19th), and Iowa Speedway (3rd) earlier this season.
- Birthday Candles… Hayley will celebrate his 20th birthday on Thursday, July 21, 2016, the day following the NCWTS race at Eldora Speedway.
- It’s a Girl… Cameron Hayley and girlfriend, Hali Berger, are expecting the birth of their first child, a girl, on Friday, July 22.
- Rearview Mirror – Kentucky… Making his second start at Kentucky Speedway, the ThorSport Racing driver started 11th, ran as high as fourth, and finished a track-best sixth. The solid top-10 run allowed Hayley to gain two positions in the 2016 NCWTS driver point standings.
Hayley’s Eldora NCWTS Stats:
- One start (2015)
- 154 of 154 laps completed (100%)
- Started: 9th
- Finished: 8th
- Laps Led: 0
Hayley’s 2016 NCWTS Stats:
- Starts: 10
- Top-5 Finishes: 2
- Top-10 Finishes: 4
- Best Start: 2nd (Iowa Speedway)
- Best Finish: 2nd (Atlanta)
- Lap Completed 1642 of 1666 (98.6%)
- Laps Led: 21
- Average Start: 9.4
- Average Finish: 14.0
Hayley’s Career NCWTS stats:
- Starts: 36 since 2014
- First full-time season: 2015
- Top-5 Finishes: 6
- Top-10 Finishes: 19
- Laps Completed: 5363
- Laps Led: 99
- Start: 8.5
- Finish: 11.6
- Best start: 2nd, Loudon (2014), Martinsville (Oct., 2015), and Iowa (2016)
- Best finish: 2nd, Atlanta Motor Speedway (2016)
Hayley’s 2015 NCWTS Stats:
- Finished sixth in the driver point standings
- Sunoco Rookie of the Year contender
- Four top-five finishes
- 13 top-10 finishes
- 78 laps led
- Best start: 2nd (Martinsville, October)
- Best finish: 3rd (Martinsville, October)