Laps Led: 0
2016 Driver Points: 14th
2016 Owner Points: 17th
Ben Rhodes Race Recap:
Ben Rhodes, driver of the No. 41 Alpha Energy Solutions Toyota Tundra, made his second career start at Homestead-Miami Speedway (HMS) in Friday night’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) season finale. Starting 11th, Rhodes ran as high as third, with no clutch, battling a Toyota Tundra that would snap loose on exit, and finished 20th behind race winner, William Byron.
Rhodes will close out his rookie season in the NCWTS 14th in points with two top-five and five top-10 finishes.
News & Notes:
- The NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) had two practice sessions on Friday morning at Homestead-Miami Speedway (HMS). Ben Rhodes was 8th, and ninth, respectively, in both sessions.
- Making his second career start at HMS in the NCWTS, Rhodes started a track-best 11th, ran as high as third, and finished 20th in the 200-lap event.
- In two starts at the 1.5-mile oval, Rhodes has two top-20 finishes.
- In 23 starts in 2016, Rhodes has led 55 laps en route to two top-five, and five top-10 finishes.
- Rhodes will unofficially finish 14th in the 2016 NCWTS driver point standings, and fourth in the Sunoco Rookie of the Year battle.
- In 27 career NCWTS starts, Rhodes has one pole (Martinsville), and has led 55 laps en route to three top-five, and eight top-10 finishes.
- Rhodes’ ThorSport Racing teammates finished seventh (Matt Crafton), 13th (Rico Abreu), and 16th (Cameron Hayley).